Would your kids like this for Halloween?

CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, my daughter would not want a fortune cookie, lol.

Candy. They want candy.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My kids would love them!
i want candy!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:50 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 am OMFG. More lame Japanese shit. No. No kid wants your fortune cookies. They want chocolate. Snickers, Reeses , Hershey Etc.
I believe fortune cookies are actually American but attributed to the Chinese if you want to get technical. My kids just want the fortunes. I think all in all they'd prefer the candy.
They are originally from Japan, brought to California by Japanese-Americans, and then they were changed to the American version we know today by Chinese-American chefs. That is why they are served in both Chinese and Japanese restaurants. The poster is just bitter because some for some reason get triggered by me having my culture as a part of my life. You can talk about your lasagna and burgers all you want, but if I share that we are having udon for dinner, I'm just trying to be obnoxious.
You learn something new every day. I think yds would like it and I'd be the one eating them. They can always get candy from other people lol.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You always try so hard, Lena.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. Just buy bags of candy.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 am OMFG. More lame Japanese shit. No. No kid wants your fortune cookies. They want chocolate. Snickers, Reeses , Hershey Etc.
I believe fortune cookies are actually American but attributed to the Chinese if you want to get technical. My kids just want the fortunes. I think all in all they'd prefer the candy.
They are originally from Japan, brought to California by Japanese-Americans, and then they were changed to the American version we know today by Chinese-American chefs. That is why they are served in both Chinese and Japanese restaurants. The poster is just bitter because some for some reason get triggered by me having my culture as a part of my life. You can talk about your lasagna and burgers all you want, but if I share that we are having udon for dinner, I'm just trying to be obnoxious.
I make Indian and Thai food for dinner often, and I’m white. No one appears to judge me. Perhaps it’s the way you’re presenting it.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Seems like a good way to make a big mess, kids will throw the wrappers all over the place along with the fortune papers and they won't eat the cookies either. Just get a little bit of candy and then shut off your light once you run out or get a lot and if you have extra send it to one of those programs that sends it to our soldiers.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:08 am

I make Indian and Thai food for dinner often, and I’m white. No one appears to judge me. Perhaps it’s the way you’re presenting it.
Please tell me in what way am I presenting it poorly in this post. Because this is how I normally present it. And it be honest, you don't know how people would react to you if you ever mentioned that you weren't white.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 am Seems like a good way to make a big mess, kids will throw the wrappers all over the place along with the fortune papers and they won't eat the cookies either. Just get a little bit of candy and then shut off your light once you run out or get a lot and if you have extra send it to one of those programs that sends it to our soldiers.
A fortune cookie wrapper is no different than a candy wrapper, why is one messier than the other? I'm not trying to argue, I truely don't get that.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:12 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:08 am

Please tell me in what way am I presenting it poorly in this post. Because this is how I normally present it. And it be honest, you don't know how people would react to you if you ever mentioned that you weren't white.
I said “perhaps.” Calm down - it was just a thought.

And buy some candy for trick or treaters. Everything else aside, the owners of the restaurant have been very generous to your family. Don’t take more from them in the form of free fortune cookies.
Locked Previous topicNext topic