Would your kids like this for Halloween?

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No one in my family likes fortune cookies. I think they are gross. They taste like slightly sweet cardboard. Get some real candy.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Um my kid wouldn't complain about it but I can confidently say he would prefer candy. Why not just buy bags of candy and donate any left overs. We've ran out before and just shut out the lights... Never had a problem.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Stick with normal candy IMO
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 am Seems like a good way to make a big mess, kids will throw the wrappers all over the place along with the fortune papers and they won't eat the cookies either. Just get a little bit of candy and then shut off your light once you run out or get a lot and if you have extra send it to one of those programs that sends it to our soldiers.
She would NEVER do anything in support of our troops. So that will fall on deaf ears.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In my house it would end up in the green bin along with the other candy they either do not like, is open or is a fruit.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Buy candy or leave your light off
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:17 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:12 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:08 am

I make Indian and Thai food for dinner often, and I’m white. No one appears to judge me. Perhaps it’s the way you’re presenting it.
Please tell me in what way am I presenting it poorly in this post. Because this is how I normally present it. And it be honest, you don't know how people would react to you if you ever mentioned that you weren't white.
I said “perhaps.” Calm down - it was just a thought.

And buy some candy for trick or treaters. Everything else aside, the owners of the restaurant have been very generous to your family. Don’t take more from them in the form of free fortune cookies.
They aren't free, we would pay for the ones used. I don't understand how politely asking for an example is not being calm.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:42 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 am Seems like a good way to make a big mess, kids will throw the wrappers all over the place along with the fortune papers and they won't eat the cookies either. Just get a little bit of candy and then shut off your light once you run out or get a lot and if you have extra send it to one of those programs that sends it to our soldiers.
She would NEVER do anything in support of our troops. So that will fall on deaf ears.
What are you talking about? I have relatives in the military. I have never said anything on here that is not supportive of the troops.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would go in the trash at my house
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I'd stick to candy. I just bought a 150 piece bag of candy at Costco for 15 bucks. It's cheap enough.
Locked Previous topicNext topic