Would you contact the school?

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, contact the school and talk to the principle. The student has tried advocating for himself and it hasn't worked. Now it's time for the adults to do something.

If this were in a work place he would have gone to HR and they'd be handling it. I'm not sure how other work places work but here mocking someone repeatedly will get a warning and then a write up. If it continues the bully would probably find him/herself out of a job. If the company refused to do something the Ministry of labour would be next on the list for the employee to call.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 pm How does your son feel about you getting involved and talking with the school/principal yourself?

I ask this because his opinion on you doing so needs to matter as this could make things worse for him. Since he knows the other kid's better, he might have some idea of who he's dealing with more than you do.

Talk with him and ask him how he wishes for you to proceed if at all.

He told me I could contact the principal. I sent her a email just stating the problem. She got back to me right away saying she would take care of it. When I picked my son up early yesterday for a dr's appointment, she called me into her office for a minute and said she talked to my son and he told her just what he told me. Then she called in the boys and had a conversation about not being jerks to anyone. They all denied they had said anything mean to anyone ever (like kids will do). She said that if DS mentions anything again to let her know but she has an eye on them.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well yds has an caseworker for his IEP so I might mention it to her. Otherwise I'd talk to the teacher.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm My son came home today rather upset.

He says that a few boys have constantly been teasing him and giving him a hard time about his hair. Saying that he looks stupid, it looks trashy, it sucks, he looks gay and that he needs to cut it etc.

DS has said that he has told a few of his teachers about this but nothing has been done. DS says that this has been going on since last year but has escalated this year, to where it is a daily thing.

I don't feel just because DS chooses to have his hair long (and it is his choice, I have offered to take him to have it cut many times) that he should be constantly harassed about it or feel like he should have to cut it due to other peoples opinion on boys with long hair.

I normally let my kids deal with their own issues like this at school, but DS has told all the boys to stop and informed a teacher, yet it still continues and is getting worse and worse according to DS.

Would you contact the school in response to this? Would you continue to tell DS he needs to fight his own battles? What would you do? DS is 12 and it 7th grade.
A caring responsible parent would allow their child 1 or maybe 2 chances to solve this problem but after the 3rd incident the parent should have stepped in and put a stop to this.
You dropped the ball and your poor kid has had to suffer because of it.
I will never understand weak spineless people like you, smh
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm My son came home today rather upset.

He says that a few boys have constantly been teasing him and giving him a hard time about his hair. Saying that he looks stupid, it looks trashy, it sucks, he looks gay and that he needs to cut it etc.

DS has said that he has told a few of his teachers about this but nothing has been done. DS says that this has been going on since last year but has escalated this year, to where it is a daily thing.

I don't feel just because DS chooses to have his hair long (and it is his choice, I have offered to take him to have it cut many times) that he should be constantly harassed about it or feel like he should have to cut it due to other peoples opinion on boys with long hair.

I normally let my kids deal with their own issues like this at school, but DS has told all the boys to stop and informed a teacher, yet it still continues and is getting worse and worse according to DS.

Would you contact the school in response to this? Would you continue to tell DS he needs to fight his own battles? What would you do? DS is 12 and it 7th grade.
A caring responsible parent would allow their child 1 or maybe 2 chances to solve this problem but after the 3rd incident the parent should have stepped in and put a stop to this.

And I will never understand ignorant uneducated people like you who can not read and comprehend. HE NEVER TOLD ME that this was going on until that day. As soon as I found out, I asked him, and on here (And my friend who is a 7th grade teacher) what the best course of action would be. DS said to talk to the Principal so that is what I did. I Emailed her that evening and talked to her the next day.

So go back into your hole and try harder, and learn how to read an entire thread if you feel the need to comment on something.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

No
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They're criticising his hair. They're not beating him. They're not stuffing him into a locker. They're not pantsing him in the hall. They're not taunting him and telling him to kill himself. What would TEACH him to grow up weak and spineless is if mommy went and complained and fought his battles.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Oh, you are that mom. Mommy's that go tattle for junior over everything are so beyond annoying. Your kids grow up into pussies.

She said she just found out about it anyway.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:20 am

Oh, you are that mom. Mommy's that go tattle for junior over everything are so beyond annoying. Your kids grow up into pussies.

She said she just found out about it anyway.

Does your mommy know you're using her account?
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd be in the office with a list of names and tell the principal he better handle it immediately or I'd go over his head and to a court of law if necessary since a law is being broken by them ignoring this. I have no tolerance for administrative inaction.
Locked Previous topicNext topic