Help, how do I get rid of this smell?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:47 am Running the dishwasher before bed is stupid.
Well damn I must be as stupid as hell, because for over 30 years, I turn the dishwasher on right before I go to bed. I wipe down the counters, make sure everything is put away, any remaining dishes loaded, and turn it on. When I wake up the dishes and kitchen are clean, yea that's really stupid.
You risk flooding, a fire, and what is happening in this post. It is much smarter to just do it when you are awake and can keep an eye on it. I clean my whole kitchen at night and start the dishwasher in the morning or right after dinner before I go to bed.
Hey if you want to wake up to a load of dirty dishes, go for it. It doesn't make you stupid, anymore than running it at night makes me stupid. It's an appliance it will either work correctly or it won't. It's not smarter, it's just what you are more comfortable with. If any of my appliances are likely to flood or catch on fire, it will be earthquake related, and I can't time that so I am not going to work around it.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:47 am Running the dishwasher before bed is stupid.
I have to pay an arm and a leg to run mine during the day. I only run it after 10 PM or before 11 am. We cook a lot so usually it's both.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:01 am I'd choke the person that did that! Damn it!
I am pretty sure it was DS. I had him empty it, then we loaded it with dishes from that night's dinner. The spoon that got ruined was not used in the dinner that night. So I am thinking he left it in there.

The smell thankfully is fading. I let baking soda sight overnight/all day, and have been saturating the bottom with vinegar in between. I have been running it extra and the smell had gotten less strong.
Locked Previous topicNext topic