Found this in a group, what’s your take? How would you handle it?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:53 pm
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 am I'm not sure why SD's mother outranks her father. Depending on the legal situation it could be that he can't really override her decision, but otherwise I don't get it.
When cruising you need a letter from the parent not going that says they give permission for the kid to go.

If mom refuses to sign off on it then they are a bit stuck.
I will have to ask my middle sister about this rule. She works for one of the cruise line companies.
My ex asked for one when he cruised with our children. I shrugged, and provided it. I'm not sure if he had to use it but according to the cruise line they wanted it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think that "letter thing" for a minor isn't just true for cruising. I think if you travel abroad, the same letter/documentation is often required.

SD is making it easy for SM and her dad. She doesn't want to go. Problem solved. Leave her with mom.
Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:03 pm
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 am

When cruising you need a letter from the parent not going that says they give permission for the kid to go.

If mom refuses to sign off on it then they are a bit stuck.
I will have to ask my middle sister about this rule. She works for one of the cruise line companies.
My ex asked for one when he cruised with our children. I shrugged, and provided it. I'm not sure if he had to use it but according to the cruise line they wanted it.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:10 pm I think that "letter thing" for a minor isn't just true for cruising. I think if you travel abroad, the same letter/documentation is often required.

SD is making it easy for SM and her dad. She doesn't want to go. Problem solved. Leave her with mom.

This is not at all true. I traveled with my niece and children largely alone to Switzerland, France, and Germany and not once did anyone express any concern about another parent or my niece’s parents.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:10 pm I think that "letter thing" for a minor isn't just true for cruising. I think if you travel abroad, the same letter/documentation is often required.

Hey more money for me to spend!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It's not all countries and it may not be enforced but it is what I learned when I planned my trip to Europe with my minor child:

"Traveling with kids outside your home country? In general, each adult in your party will need a passport, and minor children will need either passports or original birth certificates.

Documentation requirements become more complicated when one parent or guardian is traveling alone with a minor. In general, besides your passport, you should bring written consent from the child’s biological parent(s) along with the child’s birth certificate. Many countries require that the consent document be witnessed and notarized. Several websites let you download or print free parental consent forms."

https://www.tripsavvy.com/documents-for ... rs-3266959

*I took the consent form with me. But I'll admit that I was never asked to present it.

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:13 pm

This is not at all true. I traveled with my niece and children largely alone to Switzerland, France, and Germany and not once did anyone express any concern about another parent or my niece’s parents.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yep! :)
Pjmm wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Hey more money for me to spend!
Locked Previous topicNext topic