Found this in a group, what’s your take? How would you handle it?

Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'd still go. Im taking my 14 and 6 year olds on a cruise. I picked this cruise line specifically because it has activities for both ages. And babysitting at night and a nighttime teens club. We'll all have a blast.
SD would regret not going.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DH would not turn down a cruise just because one of his kids did not want to go, nor would I. We'd find childcare and go have fun.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If Dad won't go w/out her then I'd ask a friend who is a solo parent with one child to go with.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’d be waving bye bye to hubby and kid from the deck of a cruise ship 🚢.
I would not let one child hold everyone hostage- you don’t want to go stay home.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it were me I'd tell my dh have fun staying home with her I'm taking my kids. But admittedly I'm probably too independent for your average man. I don't understand his problem. Dd doesn't want to go. Mom doesn't want her to go so what guilt should he have?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’d go and bring a friend.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My take won't be popular but it's honest. There are reasons not to marry a man with an ex and children. This is one of them. They guy either puts the ex and kids ahead of everyone or forgets them and concentrates solely on the shiny new wife and her kids. Next, it would not occur to me to pull kids out of school for a week to go on a cruise of all things. I can see taking a day off to recharge or whatever but a week long cruise during the school year is ridiculous and unnecessary. Lastly, we have the whine from wife #2 about how hubby doesn't support her and she's so picked on. We have no idea what this woman's relationship is like with her husband's daughter but from this I'd say it's not good. There is likely a long and unpleasant backstory that would make this all clear.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I'm not sure why SD's mother outranks her father. Depending on the legal situation it could be that he can't really override her decision, but otherwise I don't get it.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 am I'm not sure why SD's mother outranks her father. Depending on the legal situation it could be that he can't really override her decision, but otherwise I don't get it.
When cruising you need a letter from the parent not going that says they give permission for the kid to go.

If mom refuses to sign off on it then they are a bit stuck.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Is that really true? I don't cruise but I've flown my children all over the world without their father and never needed anything but their passport.

Unless the cruise company has the child's birth certificate, how would they even know? Seems odd to me!
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:11 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 am I'm not sure why SD's mother outranks her father. Depending on the legal situation it could be that he can't really override her decision, but otherwise I don't get it.
When cruising you need a letter from the parent not going that says they give permission for the kid to go.

If mom refuses to sign off on it then they are a bit stuck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic