California is a disaster

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm It's because people are blaming the electric company instead of blaming the real villain - the eco idiots who won't allow excessive underbrush to be cut. Fire wouldn't spread so fast if there wasn't so much underbrush to help it spread.
I agree! Fire departments have thankfully been bringing back control burns and it does so much to prevent these huge wildfires.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:57 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:09 pm

You’re also complaining about not being able to set fires under a red flag warning because YOU don’t think the wind is bad enough to need it.
Well there is no wind. Like absolutely not even a breeze. So yes I think it's silly we can't have fires because of the windless high winds
Isn't the damn state in drought right now? I mean after Paradise I'd be afraid to light a cigarette out there but that's just me. Just breathe it's better than a wildfire that we need as much as these damned impeachment proceedings.
Nope we aren't in a drought. I'm very cautious with campfires. We keep them small in a well cleared area. We keep a shovel and water nearby. And it's always attended or its put completely out. It's safe to have a campfire in California as long as you do it properly.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm Power has been shut off in areas across the state. Gas stations are running out of gas. Fights are breaking out. All in the name of fire safety. I'm camping and we have been told we are under a red flag warning because theres high winds and low humidity so no campfires. There isn't even a slight breeze!
This state is ridiculous. Hopefully I can make it home tomorrow.
Where in CA is this? I haven't heard of any of this happening here. And I'm glad for no campfires. I hate the smell of smoke.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm Power has been shut off in areas across the state. Gas stations are running out of gas. Fights are breaking out. All in the name of fire safety. I'm camping and we have been told we are under a red flag warning because theres high winds and low humidity so no campfires. There isn't even a slight breeze!
This state is ridiculous. Hopefully I can make it home tomorrow.
Where in CA is this? I haven't heard of any of this happening here. And I'm glad for no campfires. I hate the smell of smoke.
Since you're in California are you living under a rock? Its widespread and has been all over the news.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/us/pge-outage.html
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:03 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:55 pm F***ing leave then. What a whiny little B.
Ummm wow having a bad day? Because that was totally ridiculous and uncalled for
You’re the one bitching about having to take precautions so people don’t burn to death.

88 people died last year that way in NorCal because of wildfires.
You would have thought that all of the downed trees and brush and everything else that caused and stoked that massive disaster would have been immediately and quickly cleaned up, wouldn't you? Why wasn't that address after the last time, when these poor people had fires they couldn't control raging for days? I'd be pretty irritated as well, because if they'd acted responsibly this could have all been avoided now.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Well there is no wind. Like absolutely not even a breeze. So yes I think it's silly we can't have fires because of the windless high winds
Isn't the damn state in drought right now? I mean after Paradise I'd be afraid to light a cigarette out there but that's just me. Just breathe it's better than a wildfire that we need as much as these damned impeachment proceedings.
Nope we aren't in a drought. I'm very cautious with campfires. We keep them small in a well cleared area. We keep a shovel and water nearby. And it's always attended or its put completely out. It's safe to have a campfire in California as long as you do it properly.
Unfortuneately not everyone is responsible, so when there's potential danger they have to take such actions.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:34 pm

I agree with the one poster who said not everyone is as cautious as you. It's just bad apples spoil it. And like you said I'd be mad at your electric company. When the state has less sense than Florida that's a problem.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

California is burning again.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 am California is burning again.
California always has fires in October. As I understand it theres a huge fire in southern California that started before their power was shut off (different electric company), one that's at 5,000 acres I haven't heard the cause of, and an escaped control burn because apparently while we can't have electricity the firefighters were burning. Oh this state is crazy!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:50 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Ummm wow having a bad day? Because that was totally ridiculous and uncalled for
You’re the one bitching about having to take precautions so people don’t burn to death.

88 people died last year that way in NorCal because of wildfires.
You would have thought that all of the downed trees and brush and everything else that caused and stoked that massive disaster would have been immediately and quickly cleaned up, wouldn't you? Why wasn't that address after the last time, when these poor people had fires they couldn't control raging for days? I'd be pretty irritated as well, because if they'd acted responsibly this could have all been avoided now.
Because the environmentalists stopped forest management years ago. That's when these massive wildfires started. They finally started doing control Burns and some forest management again but it's a battle and they are so far behind.
Locked Previous topicNext topic