California is a disaster

SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Go home then, don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Anonymous 1

SisterSomeone wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 pm Go home then, don't let the door hit you on your way out.
How will that help?
Anonymous 6

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm f**k California and it's trashy/illegal dwellers.

Bet rhey know the difference between it's and its.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

You couldn't pay me enough to live in California.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm Power has been shut off in areas across the state. Gas stations are running out of gas. Fights are breaking out. All in the name of fire safety. I'm camping and we have been told we are under a red flag warning because theres high winds and low humidity so no campfires. There isn't even a slight breeze!
This state is ridiculous. Hopefully I can make it home tomorrow.
Would you like another wildfire to start? Low humidity is very bad. If there is enough fuel around, it will move fast.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

MistressMonster wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm Power has been shut off in areas across the state. Gas stations are running out of gas. Fights are breaking out. All in the name of fire safety. I'm camping and we have been told we are under a red flag warning because theres high winds and low humidity so no campfires. There isn't even a slight breeze!
Would you like another wildfire to start? Low humidity is very bad. If there is enough fuel around, it will move fast.
Nope. Would I like people to stop acting like idiots about it? Yep!
Anonymous 6

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 pm

All it takes is one fire burning when the wind starts. It's not worth taking a chance. Human life is worth more than you having a perfect camping experience.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

The state and the forest service aren't being idiots. They are trying to keep everyone safe. Heaven forbid you can't have a F***ing camp fire.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

You know, I always thought California was a great place to grow up when I was a kid. We were in northern, just east of Sacramento, just barely into the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. Loved it. And in early adulthood I always thought I wouldn't mind returning there to live.

But in more recent years, no. I wouldn't go back there to live. Real Estate costs are unbelievable. Gas prices are horrible. Some of the weird laws they've passed as a state just make me scratch my head. No, I won't live in Cali again. I'll visit, but I won't live there.

I even have a friend who grew up in the same area of Cali that I did, and more recently in his adulthood spent years living in San Diego. But just this year he up and left San Diego and moved to Idaho. I think a lot of his motivation was the cost of living.
Anonymous 1

MistressMonster wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:10 pm

The state and the forest service aren't being idiots. They are trying to keep everyone safe. Heaven forbid you can't have a F***ing camp fire.
That's not who I'm referring to as idiots. The idiots are the people fighting at gas stations, shooting at pge workers, etc.
The campfire thing I'm just laughing about. Its really not a huge deal we can do other things and can cook on our camp stove.
Locked Previous topicNext topic