Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Politics. Pressure. Opposition research. All were part of the Democrats’ playbook on Ukraine long before Trump ever called Zelensky this summer. And as Sen. Murphy’s foray earlier this month shows, it hasn’t stopped.

The evidence is so expansive as to strain the credulity of the Democrats’ current outrage at Trump’s behavior with Ukraine.

Which raises a question: Could it be the Ukraine tale currently being weaved by Democrats and their allies in the media is nothing more than a smoke screen designed to distract us from the forthcoming Justice Department inspector general report into abuses during the Democratic-inspired Russia collusion probe?

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/46 ... -elections

read it before commenting.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The democrats are quick to pressure foreign governments to bend to their will, but let a republican president so much as talk to a foreign leader and the cries of "abuse of power" and "treason" ring out on both coasts. The democrat party has a lot to answer for in the coming days. (As well as some republicans, too.)
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Democrats are going to get bit in the ass.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We have a recorded phone call of the current president asking for a personal favor and in return he will release the military aide he froze. Nothing changes this. Nothing.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 pm We have a recorded phone call of the current president asking for a personal favor and in return he will release the military aide he froze. Nothing changes this. Nothing.
I read that transcript. I don't recall anything about unfreezing military aid IF the personal favor was done. There was no quid pro quo. Now, the democrats.... they definitely put out a quid pro quo about military aid!! 4 senators I believe it was, sent a letter demanding that Ukraine stop any investigating if continued military aid was desired.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:52 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 pm We have a recorded phone call of the current president asking for a personal favor and in return he will release the military aide he froze. Nothing changes this. Nothing.
I read that transcript. I don't recall anything about unfreezing military aid IF the personal favor was done. There was no quid pro quo. Now, the democrats.... they definitely put out a quid pro quo about military aid!! 4 senators I believe it was, sent a letter demanding that Ukraine stop any investigating if continued military aid was desired.
Maybe it was too subtle for you but, you couldn’t read between the lines. That’s just the beginning though. That’s why they are seeking documentation and questioning people involved.

All these diversions and whatabout them accusations will help keep his base support and keep them busy but has nothing to do with the investigation into Trump’s possible abuse of power.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:12 pm
Maybe it was too subtle for you but, you couldn’t read between the lines. That’s just the beginning though. That’s why they are seeking documentation and questioning people involved.

All these diversions and whatabout them accusations will help keep his base support and keep them busy but has nothing to do with the investigation into Trump’s possible abuse of power.
Only a hyper partisan person reading the transcript would see a meaning like that. Even the President of Ukraine says he did not hear or feel or sense it. Nothing will change that fact. No matter how many paid hacks come forward.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wait... first you say "We have a recorded phone call of the current president asking for a personal favor and in return he will release the military aide he froze. Nothing changes this. Nothing." and the next minute you are saying this is an investigation into a POSSIBLE abuse of power.

Which is it?

Yeah, if there is a quid pro quo in that phone call, it's pretty damned subtle! I mean, like buried 6 ft deep! You want to see it there, you have to see it to keep your irrational hate going... but it simply is not there. It isn't.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Wait... first you say "We have a recorded phone call of the current president asking for a personal favor and in return he will release the military aide he froze. Nothing changes this. Nothing." and the next minute you are saying this is an investigation into a POSSIBLE abuse of power.

Which is it?

Yeah, if there is a quid pro quo in that phone call, it's pretty damned subtle! I mean, like buried 6 ft deep! You want to see it there, you have to see it to keep your irrational hate going... but it simply is not there. It isn't.
First, there’s nothing irrational to be revolted by a pig like Trump. Hating someone like Mother Theresa would be irrational, not Trump. Trump is a lying racist incompetent failure who has every quality that most people hate. Irrational is to continue to believe a man who has been documented committing over 8,000 false or misleading statements, lies, since he began his presidency.

Second, they need to investigate further. Even a person caught shooting someone on video gets a trial. There is now a majority of Americans who believe there should be an impeachment and removal from office. I think thats removing the cart before the horse or whatever that expression is.

You’d understand better if you kept everything separate. What the democrats were up to has nothing to do with what Trump was up to.
Locked Previous topicNext topic