Lori Loughlin faces 'substantially higher' prison sentence than Felicity Huffman if convicted, U.S. attorney confirms

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Andrew Lelling, whose office is prosecuting the Operation Varsity Blues case, gave a rare interview over the weekend praising "classy" Felicity Huffman ahead of prison. He also confirmed that Lori Loughlin faces a "substantially higher" amount of time behind bars if convicted.

The Boston prosecutor, who was appointed U.S. attorney by President Trump in 2017, was asked why he proposed a prison sentence of only one-month for Huffman, who pleaded guilty to one charge of fraud conspiracy. During an interview with On the Record on WCVB Channel 5, Lelling called Huffman "probably the least culpable of the defendants who we've charged in that case."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lor ... 18936.html
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, Lori Loughlin plead not guilty. That usually results in a harsher sentence if found guilty. And I can’t see how she can be found not guilty. 🤷🏼‍♀️
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:49 pm Well, Lori Loughlin plead not guilty. That usually results in a harsher sentence if found guilty. And I can’t see how she can be found not guilty. 🤷🏼‍♀️
It might not be that hard...

If I read right, she didn’t pay for test result to be fudged, she paid to have it look like her DD was on a Rowing team- and she got in by joining the rowing team.

When the University put out an ad for the need for more people to join the Rowing team and included the phrase “ no experience required “ I think that REALLY helped Lori’s case.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good, I hope she rots in jail. Hallmark fired her after this broke in the news and now she cant make anymore Garage Sale mystery movies and Hallmark wont even air her old movies......
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:00 pm Good, I hope she rots in jail. Hallmark fired her after this broke in the news and now she cant make anymore Garage Sale mystery movies and Hallmark wont even air her old movies......
Nooooo! I loved “When calls the heart” lol.

It’s horrible without her.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Crap, I forgot about that movie but you can still watch those old movies on Hallmark movies now and Netflix
ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:04 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:00 pm Good, I hope she rots in jail. Hallmark fired her after this broke in the news and now she cant make anymore Garage Sale mystery movies and Hallmark wont even air her old movies......
Nooooo! I loved “When calls the heart” lol.

It’s horrible without her.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:49 pm Well, Lori Loughlin plead not guilty. That usually results in a harsher sentence if found guilty. And I can’t see how she can be found not guilty. 🤷🏼‍♀️

If I read right, she didn’t pay for test result to be fudged, she paid to have it look like her DD was on a Rowing team- and she got in by joining the rowing team.

When the University put out an ad for the need for more people to join the Rowing team and included the phrase “ no experience required “ I think that REALLY helped Lori’s case.
Well if “no experience required” was in an ad she really wasted her money. She paid the guy, what was it $500k for each daughter to lie they were on their high school team.

IMO what she did was much worse than what Felicity did. She also paid way more money. I hope she gets made an example of and faces a long sentence.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Right. That's why I'm not getting why that would be treated so harshly. I'll probably draw criticism, but I don't think pretending to be on a sports team is that awful.

From what I understand, I thought Felicity had someone else take her child's test, correct? That to me is pretty terrible and should be dealt with harshly. That's blatant cheating - not just a little fudging.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did you see? She IS a Lifetime movie now! There's a new movie coming out about the college admissions scandal.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:12 am

Right. That's why I'm not getting why that would be treated so harshly. I'll probably draw criticism, but I don't think pretending to be on a sports team is that awful.

From what I understand, I thought Felicity had someone else take her child's test, correct? That to me is pretty terrible and should be dealt with harshly. That's blatant cheating - not just a little fudging.
She actually had a proctor correct her daughter’s SAT test. She paid $15,000. Lori paid $500,000, (per daughter?) to a third party secure a place on the row team saying her daughter(s) were on the row team in high school.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic