What is wrong with her?!?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have been good friends with someone since highschool. She has always been a very modest conservative person. She got married, had 3 kids. He decided to leave because "being a family was too hard". She became a single mom and did what she had to do, her and the kids are doing well.

She didn't date anyone for about 5 years, as far as I know.

Well the other day she mentioned that she was going to dinner with a guy from work (he's about 12 years younger than her). We kept talking, she told me that they go do stuff together all the time (movie's, dinner,lunch, zoo) but that he admitted that he doesn't ever want to take it to the next step and sleep together. (He has met her kids but only in passing and introduced as her friend)

I asked her if she was okay with that and she said that yes, she loves spending time with him and is okay with it because she has a friend "with benefits" situation going on with an old family friend that she has known since they were kids. From what she says he doesn't want to "date" her or go do the stuff with her that the other guy does. (The kids have never met this guy)

She says that both of the guys know about each other and are also okay with the the situation!

Wtf is wrong with her and these guys?!? This is not a good situation for anyone involved.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why do you think this is a bad situation? She's got someone to go out with and someone to have S*x with, they just don't happen to be the same person. So?
Lo428
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I don't think she's doing anything wrong. It seems to work for her.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Just because you aren't smart enough to understand but doesn't mean it is a bad situation.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:31 pm Why do you think this is a bad situation? She's got someone to go out with and someone to have S*x with, they just don't happen to be the same person. So?
Because, she was always the "no S*x before marriage" type person. She has 3 kids, I just see this all blowing up on her. I mean I'm sure there is someone else out there that could fulfil both dating and S*x... It just seems so odd that all 3 of them know the situation and are okay with it.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He's a friend. You don't have to be romantically involved with a man just because you are friends. Nor do you need to be in a relationship with someone that you sleep with as long as both of you don't want more.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:59 pm
Nopeville wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:31 pm Why do you think this is a bad situation? She's got someone to go out with and someone to have S*x with, they just don't happen to be the same person. So?
Because, she was always the "no S*x before marriage" type person. She has 3 kids, I just see this all blowing up on her. I mean I'm sure there is someone else out there that could fulfil both dating and S*x... It just seems so odd that all 3 of them know the situation and are okay with it.

Why? Clearly neither of them want a romantic relationship with her. They don't get to dictate what she does in her free time.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:27 pm I have been good friends with someone since highschool. She has always been a very modest conservative person. She got married, had 3 kids. He decided to leave because "being a family was too hard". She became a single mom and did what she had to do, her and the kids are doing well.

She didn't date anyone for about 5 years, as far as I know.

Well the other day she mentioned that she was going to dinner with a guy from work (he's about 12 years younger than her). We kept talking, she told me that they go do stuff together all the time (movie's, dinner,lunch, zoo) but that he admitted that he doesn't ever want to take it to the next step and sleep together. (He has met her kids but only in passing and introduced as her friend)

I asked her if she was okay with that and she said that yes, she loves spending time with him and is okay with it because she has a friend "with benefits" situation going on with an old family friend that she has known since they were kids. From what she says he doesn't want to "date" her or go do the stuff with her that the other guy does. (The kids have never met this guy)

She says that both of the guys know about each other and are also okay with the the situation!

Wtf is wrong with her and these guys?!? This is not a good situation for anyone involved.
WTF is wrong with you? Sounds like she has the ideal situation. Keep your sexual pleasure separate from your companionship and it sounds a lot less messy.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:59 pm
I'm still not understanding your problem. Lots of people start out "no S*x before marriage" until they no longer believe that. People change, they grown up. What do her kids have to do with her other relationships? What is odd about it? Her friend doesn't want to have S*x with her and her S*x partner doesn't want to go out with her. What do you envision happening?
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nothing is wrong with her.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Locked Previous topicNext topic