What is wrong with her?!?

EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 am To respond to everyone, since no body thinks anything is wrong with the situation.

I have known her for over 20 years, this just isn't like her at all. She was always the one that believed strongly in monogamist relationships, no S*x before marriage. She has always had male friends but never went "out" with them alone, always in a group.

After her divorce, she said she was just going to focus on the kids until they were 18 THEN she might look for someone romantically. Well all of a sudden she has this situation going on.

As for her kids, she goes and does what she wants (2 of them are older teens, one is 12) she will leave them home alone for a few hours and she will take the 12 yo to stay with her mom/dad.

Don't get me wrong, she is still a great mom and makes sure the kids have all their needs met. They have a clean house, food in the kitchen, they are always on the go with their sports/clubs (which she pays for all on her own, since their dad refuses to work or help with anything)

It's just that over the last 6 months or so my friend has changed so much, I worry about her. She up and left a job of 15 years for another. She had never even mentioned to ANYONE that she wasn't happy at her old job, and then BAM. New job in a totally different field, of work. Then she is seeing 2 different guys when she never believed in that. I am just worried about her.
You're literally just freaked out that she has either changed her mind about some things, or just that she has never expressed this is how she actually felt. Nothing you're saying she does is dangerous, harmful, or detrimental. She and the guys have an understanding, and she takes care of her kids. She found a new job. I think you thinking something is wrong with how she lives her life stems from the fact you don't like that you weren't privy to the fact this is how she actually wanted to live it.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 1

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:13 am I don't see what the big deal is. She's got a casual relationship deal going on with one. Lots of people do it. The guy from work? That's... Literally just them being friends. They hang out. There isn't any S*x. How is that any different from her doing the same thing with a female friend?
I have never heard of "Friends" (Who are in their 30's) hanging out 1-2 times a week be it male or female. Sure catching lunch with a friend once a month or so is normal, not going to the zoo, movies, dancing, Sunday morning brunch.

As for the other guy, she grew up with him, their family's went camping and fishing together all the time. She even said growing up he was like the brother she never wanted. He would sleep over at her house with her brother when they were very young. That's just really weird to me.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 pm
EmilyH87 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:13 am I don't see what the big deal is. She's got a casual relationship deal going on with one. Lots of people do it. The guy from work? That's... Literally just them being friends. They hang out. There isn't any S*x. How is that any different from her doing the same thing with a female friend?
I have never heard of "Friends" (Who are in their 30's) hanging out 1-2 times a week be it male or female. Sure catching lunch with a friend once a month or so is normal, not going to the zoo, movies, dancing, Sunday morning brunch.

As for the other guy, she grew up with him, their family's went camping and fishing together all the time. She even said growing up he was like the brother she never wanted. He would sleep over at her house with her brother when they were very young. That's just really weird to me.
So because she's living a lifestyle you don't approve of (because you're jealous as f**k) ,there's something wrong with her? Do her a favor and end the friendship. You are a shitty friend.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So because she's living a lifestyle you don't approve of (because you're jealous as f**k) ,there's something wrong with her? Do her a favor and end the friendship. You are a shitty friend.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

People must not like you
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Afreakingmen!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You really really need to get over it. It's not YOUR LIFE! Again, you are a judgmental nosy person. Let her live her life how she sees fit.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So because you have no friends you expect her to act the same. Sorry snowflake but the world does not revolve around you. Get over it and go buy a vibrator you obviously need one.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sorry you don't see friends more than once a month? To me, THAT'S very odd. I think you're not really getting the fact that just because you don't get the relationship doesn't mean there is anything wrong with her. She already had a connection with the second guy. She probably feels comfortable with him, and that's why their arrangement can work. You sound super judgey about a situation that is hurting literally no one.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 6

Unread post

This.
[media] [/media]
carterscutie85 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:13 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 am To respond to everyone, since no body thinks anything is wrong with the situation.

I have known her for over 20 years, this just isn't like her at all. She was always the one that believed strongly in monogamist relationships, no S*x before marriage. She has always had male friends but never went "out" with them alone, always in a group.

After her divorce, she said she was just going to focus on the kids until they were 18 THEN she might look for someone romantically. Well all of a sudden she has this situation going on.

As for her kids, she goes and does what she wants (2 of them are older teens, one is 12) she will leave them home alone for a few hours and she will take the 12 yo to stay with her mom/dad.

Don't get me wrong, she is still a great mom and makes sure the kids have all their needs met. They have a clean house, food in the kitchen, they are always on the go with their sports/clubs (which she pays for all on her own, since their dad refuses to work or help with anything)

It's just that over the last 6 months or so my friend has changed so much, I worry about her. She up and left a job of 15 years for another. She had never even mentioned to ANYONE that she wasn't happy at her old job, and then BAM. New job in a totally different field, of work. Then she is seeing 2 different guys when she never believed in that. I am just worried about her.
Perhaps the persons she was before was the person she thought she had to be to make everyone else happy. Now she's making herself happy and being her real, true self without any fucks given.
Locked Previous topicNext topic