I am not sure why so many people are having a problem understanding a policy at work

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have posted about work a few times on here. A couple times about one guy and then once more for something unrelated. I overall love my job. I am a logistics manager at a LPG fuel company that supplies fuel to mainly residential areas but also commercially. My basic job is scheduling drivers to deliver cylinders to customer's homes. It is winter here and therefore our busiest time of the year

Most of the workers are employees but during the busy season we hire a lot of private contractors. It is the only real way to do it without having a ton of lay offs and people without work.

The rule is that if a contractor is unable to perform their run they are responsible for getting it covered themselves or any costs the company has because they are not there. When we have to cover a run last minute we have to use couriers which are very expensive. Before two years ago we never once had an issue with it. People got their runs covered or paid what was needed. Two years ago we had a guy who had a constant problem with it. He would go to one of the pop up clinics and get a note to get out of work which meant we couldnt fire him because he wasnt breaking his contract BUT he was still responsible for costs. It got to the point where one of his checks was 0 and he actually owed us money. He finally left the company but a new manager hired him back last year. He was the only person who ever had an issue... until now

There are 3 different contractors that keep calling in "sick" after a long weekend or going out drinking the night before. They have all had money deducted from their pay to cover costs of the days they missed. One full on freaked out the first time and then just said it wasnt going to happen the other two times. One is threatening to sue and the third is just a total cockhead about it, I have never heard a grown man bitch so much.

This policy is described in depth to all contractors because we dont want anyone to claim they never heard of the policy. I wish the hiring manager would stay away from the idiots. Any person with average intelligence would be able to understand the policy and not have an issue with it

I just wanted to vent because I had to deal with the bitchy guy today and I am over it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

This was so done on cm.

I want to know where y'all are getting all of these old posts to recycle.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:43 pm This was so done on cm.
I posted about it two years ago on there. Sorry if you feel like that is "so done"
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:44 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:43 pm This was so done on cm.
I posted about it two years ago on there. Sorry if you feel like that is "so done"

Well then you've had at least 2 years and dozens of pages of replies back then to try to comprehend. But have fun.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Off topic also but do you make a decent living as a woman in the logistics field? I considered getting a degree in logistics/supply chain management before i picked in the degree im going for.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:46 pm If they're independent contractors then they wouldn't be held to the company rules unless they agreed to it.
Does it state this in their independent contract? Or maybe whatever company you hire them from?

Off topic also but do you make a decent living as a woman in the logistics field? I considered getting a degree in logistics/supply change management before i pixked in the degree im going for.
This is part of the contract they work under.

I make decent money for where I live I am not sure what it would equate to somewhere else though. I usually love my job I just wish I was in charge of hiring also lol
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:48 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:46 pm If they're independent contractors then they wouldn't be held to the company rules unless they agreed to it.
Does it state this in their independent contract? Or maybe whatever company you hire them from?

Off topic also but do you make a decent living as a woman in the logistics field? I considered getting a degree in logistics/supply change management before i pixked in the degree im going for.
This is part of the contract they work under.

I make decent money for where I live I am not sure what it would equate to somewhere else though. I usually love my job I just wish I was in charge of hiring also lol
Yeah sorry about the first comment. I went back and reread and there was the answer right there. Then edited it.
Anyway, glad you enjoy the field!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Can't you offer your regular guys a shit ton of overtime?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:17 am Can't you offer your regular guys a shit ton of overtime?
No. There are a lot of limits in place on how much a driver can work. They can only be working 12 hours max and many are close to that if they want as many hours as possible
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I remember this one because my response was who the hell in their right mind would work for a shit hole company that ran like that. I would think only desperate people would work like this, and desperate equals not dependable.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic