We move between houses all the time

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DH and I own two houses. We used to rent one of them out but it wasnt worth the hassle of dealing with renters. I love both houses and sometimes I have the urge to move from one to the other. So I just pack up and move some of our stuff. Both are partially furnished so it is mostly just clothes, the kitchen stuff, and tvs/gaming systems.

People think it is weird and I am not denying it but I love it. If I am missing the other house I can always just back up and go. Over the summer we switched 5 times.

The kids love being able to switch it up. DH doesnt mind he sees it as just one of my "quirks".
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:05 pm DH and I own two houses. We used to rent one of them out but it wasnt worth the hassle of dealing with renters. I love both houses and sometimes I have the urge to move from one to the other. So I just pack up and move some of our stuff. Both are partially furnished so it is mostly just clothes, the kitchen stuff, and tvs/gaming systems.

People think it is weird and I am not denying it but I love it. If I am missing the other house I can always just back up and go. Over the summer we switched 5 times.

The kids love being able to switch it up. DH doesnt mind he sees it as just one of my "quirks".
Yeah, that's weird. Do you just have a lot of free time and are bored?
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Keeping one house clean is enough for me!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Why not get the same kitchen stuff for both houses and the same gaming system and games as well as clothes, staples and toiletries so all you have to move is the people?
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My grandparents do this with their cabin Up North. I don’t think it’s that odd. It’s not that far.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I only find it weird that you pack stuff up if you move so often, I definitely wouldn't want to. I'd Just keep the basics at each house.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My parents lived in separate houses on the same property LOL!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:26 pm Why not get the same kitchen stuff for both houses and the same gaming system and games as well as clothes, staples and toiletries so all you have to move is the people?
It would be very expensive to do that. Much easier to spend an hour or two packing up real quick.

We have toiletries and basics both places.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:05 pm DH and I own two houses. We used to rent one of them out but it wasnt worth the hassle of dealing with renters. I love both houses and sometimes I have the urge to move from one to the other. So I just pack up and move some of our stuff. Both are partially furnished so it is mostly just clothes, the kitchen stuff, and tvs/gaming systems.

Yeah, that's weird. Do you just have a lot of free time and are bored?
No. I just love both houses.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:06 pm I only find it weird that you pack stuff up if you move so often, I definitely wouldn't want to. I'd Just keep the basics at each house.
We have basics at each house.
Locked Previous topicNext topic