Would it be wrong? (kids and money)

Anonymous 9

Unread post

Yes it is wrong. I cant imagine being so tacky.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oh I wouldn't take all of the money for a new system from them anyway. Although for me and DH it was more of just a "it's here so we might as well play it" kind of thing.

I would probably consider doing it as a family Christmas gift except we don't do those. I mean we could start, BUT, I also want to replace it before Christmas.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 pm Don't get me wrong. I don't think that you are off base to ask your kids to kick in towards expensive items that they want. I just think it would be more fair that if all family members chip in towards the purchase of it. Regardless of how much money any member has saved, each member should be expected to chip in the same amount.

Now that I know that at least one of the kids has the system on his Christmas list, I would definitely just make this system a FAMILY CHRISTMAS GIFT. And if they want games for it, have them pay for those.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:09 pm They aren't expected to purchase anything. I was just throwing around the idea of having them put their money towards it since it's something they both want, and there isn't really anything else they have their eye on that they aren't getting for Christmas.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:00 pm If the gaming system would not be considered the child's personal possession, why would the child be expected to purchase it?

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it's very expensive and everyone wants it, then I don't see an issue in everyone chipping in.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If you're not into family gifts, that's fine. It was just a suggestion.

I definitely would not be replacing it before Christmas, though. My kids always knew that no one was getting any NON-essential item (and especially not a big ticket item) between September and Christmas. Those big ticket items...they definitely would not be arriving at my house in the months leading up to Christmas.

But I understand. We are all different. As long as it works for each of us, that's all that matters. :)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:00 pm Oh I wouldn't take all of the money for a new system from them anyway. Although for me and DH it was more of just a "it's here so we might as well play it" kind of thing.

I would probably consider doing it as a family Christmas gift except we don't do those. I mean we could start, BUT, I also want to replace it before Christmas.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 pm Don't get me wrong. I don't think that you are off base to ask your kids to kick in towards expensive items that they want. I just think it would be more fair that if all family members chip in towards the purchase of it. Regardless of how much money any member has saved, each member should be expected to chip in the same amount.

Now that I know that at least one of the kids has the system on his Christmas list, I would definitely just make this system a FAMILY CHRISTMAS GIFT. And if they want games for it, have them pay for those.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:09 pm They aren't expected to purchase anything. I was just throwing around the idea of having them put their money towards it since it's something they both want, and there isn't really anything else they have their eye on that they aren't getting for Christmas.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Unless they said they wanted one, yes, it’s wrong. If they want one, then you can suggest it, but it would be theirs, not everyone’s.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I see no issue with discussing it. I've had the kids chip in for theme parks before. In this case a friend wanted to go last minute. I didn't have much money so I told the kids they'd have to contribute their allowance and give up pizza nights for a time. I believe I said for the next three weeks. They agreed. So they paid towards their tickets.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, imo its wrong
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, wrong. Completely.

I have been in the place a few times where I had to borrow or take from my kids' money. It is not something you do for a game system. Never, ever.
You don't do it because it's wrong AND you don't do it because if you use it for a game system then the money won't be there next year if you need to use it for an oil bill or an insurance payment.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 am Yes, wrong. Completely.

I have been in the place a few times where I had to borrow or take from my kids' money. It is not something you do for a game system. Never, ever.
You don't do it because it's wrong AND you don't do it because if you use it for a game system then the money won't be there next year if you need to use it for an oil bill or an insurance payment.
Who the hell uses their kids money for oil Bill's or insurance payments? WTF. Trashy.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:41 am
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 am Yes, wrong. Completely.

Who the hell uses their kids money for oil Bill's or insurance payments? WTF. Trashy.
Who's Bill?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Locked Previous topicNext topic