Would it be wrong? (kids and money)

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Other than the 8 and 10 year old that you mentioned, who else uses this system?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I might just ask them and see how that goes. I can't imagine what else they would need $200+ for.
CandTmom wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:03 pm I personally wouldn't but if it's something you think you need to do you can ask and see if they want to.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks! Buying their own games is definitely a good idea, those things get expensive!
7byher wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:03 pm I would ask for a smaller portion of the funds required to buy the system.
Like 50 or so per kid depending on the cost. I wouldn't take it all from them to cover the cost. Or maybe have them buy their own games or controllers.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I want to get a new system before Christmas, but them buying some of the games is a solid idea.
mcginnisc wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:11 pm How about you purchasing the system and they purchase games or extras they want? Or, like I said.. a family gift for Christmas?

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:00 pm They do want one! I just feel guilty taking money from them, but that may because of my childhood. As a kid I had my parents "borrow" money and never give it back. So I'm just tying to get some outside opinions! Thanks!
mcginnisc wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:55 pm Is it something they want? If they do, maybe a compromise about everyone contributing to it.. or giving it as a joint family gift for Christmas that you pay for.. If they did not want one, I would not ask them to spend their money on it.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:53 pm I have 2 kids, I owe them each about $120 in allowance, and they also have about $300 saved up between the two of them. Would it be flat out wrong to ask them to put money towards a new video game system for the whole family? We had one until recently but it needs replaced.

They're 8 & 10.
Yes, that would be wrong.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 1

Unread post

8 year old plays the most, then 10 year old, then me & DH
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 pm It depends on what “for the whole family” means... Who plays and how much?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

How would it not be?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Me & DH
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:18 pm Other than the 8 and 10 year old that you mentioned, who else uses this system?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Well I'm back & forth but I can list some reasons

All of their needs are met
They don't have to purchase their own clothes, decor, etc
They don't really have anything else to drop 100s on
They would be the primary players
They really want a new system

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:24 pm How would it not be?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:29 pm Well I'm back & forth but I can list some reasons

All of their needs are met
They don't have to purchase their own clothes, decor, etc
They don't really have anything else to drop 100s on
They would be the primary players
They really want a new system
SolidlyAverage wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:24 pm How would it not be?
If THEY want it, THEY can decide to purchase it and it would be THEIRS. If it’s their money, it’s their decision and belonging. You could ask for other people to use it, but telling them that they will be buying something for the family would be wrong, yes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic