Does anyone else have a kid who always complains?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Mine seriously needs to complain about everything.

I yelled at him today because he literally walked in the door today complaining. I have had it up to here with it.

Today it was "They LIED to us about lunch! The menu said something different than what we had!"

I have explained many times that no, they don't lie. Lots of times that's what is planned but maybe they run out or don't get that particular food in for some reason. It isn't a lie. But he insists it is and complains every time it happens.

He complains about everything from what food we have to what we are doing as a family. Even if I let him pick dinner or family activites he finds some way to complain.

Please tell me it's the age. He is a preteen.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ahhhh....yes. Thankfully my dd (12) is slowly starting to stop doing that, but yes, she used FIND things to complain about. Drove me crazy!

Good luck!
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yup. The 16 year old not so much, but 70% of what comes out of the mouth of my 12 and 5 year olds is complaining about something, usually some random body part that suddenly hurts when they've been asked to do something they don't want to do.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:35 pm Mine seriously needs to complain about everything.

I yelled at him today because he literally walked in the door today complaining. I have had it up to here with it.

Today it was "They LIED to us about lunch! The menu said something different than what we had!"

I have explained many times that no, they don't lie. Lots of times that's what is planned but maybe they run out or don't get that particular food in for some reason. It isn't a lie. But he insists it is and complains every time it happens.

He complains about everything from what food we have to what we are doing as a family. Even if I let him pick dinner or family activites he finds some way to complain.

I would tell my kid that she had used up her allotment of complaints and she couldn't complain again until tomorrow! Yes it's the age. Tweens are a pita.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not my kids but if my 1 year old turns out to be like his father, he will be a complainer lol.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

No. He doesn't complain much. Neither kid does.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I tell my kids the complaint department is down the hall, all they have to do is deposit it in the oval shaped complaint box filled with water and push the silver handle. They usually quit complaining and start giggling. From time to time they stomp off and pout in their room, whatever if you have a real issue I'll gladly listen. But I'm not going to entertain nonstop complaints about nonsense which is often just drama between them.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i tell my kid that all complaints must be submitted in writing and txt doesn't count. must be on paper. it's helped. some.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No.. she’s pretty easy going and kind of rolls with the punches.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:35 pm Mine seriously needs to complain about everything.

Raises both hands
Oh GOD YESSSSSSSS, I have 2. They receive 2 warnings then they are in time out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic