I got sick from an eye exam

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I went to get my eyes exam and they dilated them. I felt like I had to throw up. I had to put my head in between my knees. The lady told me this happens sometimes, but usually to big brawny guys LOL! She said she use to work with the Military and those guys were the worse. All of those was said in a humourous way, no bashing. She said it had something to do with a hormone. I forgot the name.
When I left, I was sweating, dizzy, felt like I was on the verge of losing my food. I felt very very very drunk. I played the "Blind while messaging game" I couldn't read anything for hours and my pupils finally went back to normal NINE HOURS later!
I have never had such an adverse reaction like that.
Side note- Do not binge watch Supernatural before getting your eyes dilated.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I had mine dilated once as a teen and it took hours to go back to normal as well, but I didn't get sick at least.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hope you weren't driving
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Geez, I didnt experience anything like that
My eyes were stinging a little bit afterwards but nothing as bad as you went through
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:08 am I went to get my eyes exam and they dilated them. I felt like I had to throw up. I had to put my head in between my knees. The lady told me this happens sometimes, but usually to big brawny guys LOL! She said she use to work with the Military and those guys were the worse. All of those was said in a humourous way, no bashing. She said it had something to do with a hormone. I forgot the name.
When I left, I was sweating, dizzy, felt like I was on the verge of losing my food. I felt very very very drunk. I played the "Blind while messaging game" I couldn't read anything for hours and my pupils finally went back to normal NINE HOURS later!
I have never had such an adverse reaction like that.
Side note- Do not binge watch Supernatural before getting your eyes dilated.
Ugh, My boys have had to have it done since they were infants, ugh, I hate watching them go through it.

This year, My poor DS has it done at 8AM, and we have it done annually, so I did not think much of it, and like usual, I sent him back to school. He came home with “0” on every assignment and test that day. I was like “what happened buddy?” And he said, “mom I couldn’t see, but I gave it my all.” lol!

I am sorry it made you feel so poorly.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When dh got prk done on his eyes (about 10 years ago now)he had his eyes dilated. And the med they gave him made him give no f*cks whatsoever. I had to be his eyes for the day, until he got back home and safely on the sofa. He spent the better part of 2 days listening to (then gradually watching) the Simpsons until his orders for Quarters was up. I'm sorry you had a worse experience.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My dds eyes hurt for 2 days after being dilated. The first night was so bad she was crying. The eye doctor said it was an allergic reaction and she may end up with trouble breathing. It was so scary!
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:11 am I had mine dilated once as a teen and it took hours to go back to normal as well, but I didn't get sick at least.
I have had my eyes dialated before but never felt like that.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I HATE getting my eyes dilated. It always gives me a weird headache, and one always goes back to normal before the other.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Having my eyed dilated makes me sick to my stomach too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic