Does anyone else feel like they miss social cues?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 am No I'm good at picking up on things like that. My SO is like you though. I haven't been happy for a few weeks now and he has yet to ask me why.
And to sit and sulk for weeks like a child that can't communicate is totally normal adult behavior. Communication is a two way street. It's not just on him to figure out why your pouting and unhappy. Use your big girl words and tell him. Your being unhappy for weeks is on you grow up.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 am No I'm good at picking up on things like that. My SO is like you though. I haven't been happy for a few weeks now and he has yet to ask me why.
And to sit and sulk for weeks like a child that can't communicate is totally normal adult behavior. Communication is a two way street. It's not just on him to figure out why your pouting and unhappy. Use your big girl words and tell him. Your being unhappy for weeks is on you grow up.
I agree. Sometimes I may be really quiet if I am upset but it's because I am trying to figure out the words to express how I am feeling. I have let DH knows this though.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:12 am I'm the opposite.

I tend to pay way too much attention to social cues, other's feelings, etc.
I do too and it often bites me in the ass.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't need a lecture from you. I know I have to be direct with him, that's what I was basically saying in my first response. He lives in la la land.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can pick up on them well if I pay attention.
I’m trying to take a step back from people, so I don’t pay as much attention as I used to. I over relate or over empathize so I’m working on doing that, less
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

God forbid you act like an adult and TELL him you're not happy.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 pm
God forbid you act like an adult and TELL him you're not happy.
It's not about telling him that I'm not happy. this post asked if people were like her and I said my SO is. I know him well enough to know that I have to be direct with him. Obviously I don't care to talk about whatever is making me unhappy, I only stated to you guys that he did not take a hint.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:54 am
I agree. Sometimes I may be really quiet if I am upset but it's because I am trying to figure out the words to express how I am feeling. I have let DH knows this though.
That's completly different you aren't sitting and stewing for weeks expecting him to read minds and know you are upset with him. I can't imagine living like that I wouldn't be with someone I couldn't talk to though. It's actually smart to take the time and think before you speak when you're upset.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:12 am
I don't need a lecture from you. I know I have to be direct with him, that's what I was basically saying in my first response. He lives in la la land.
Yeah we know, you make every post about your SO and all his faults.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm pretty intuitive with picking up others feelings and try to be cognizant of them. I've been doing relationship management type work since about 20 years old, so I've been studying people for clues and formulating how to correctly respond to them for a long time. I'm fairly adept at putting people at ease quickly.

What I'm famous for is never getting it when a guy is flirting with me. Everyone laughs at me about that. I'm very dense on that aspect. I'm just super friendly and outgoing to everyone, and usually someone is telling me their life story within 2 minutes of meeting me. I assume everything is friendly banter and nothing more. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic