S/O Pond

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Would you allow someone to babysit at their house that had a pond and you had a small child?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

When mine were small, the answer was no. I get very nervous around small children and standing water of any depth at all. I know how quickly things can go downhill in that situation. The sitter can get distracted and small children move fast. And the truth is, I don't trust anyone to care about my kids as much as I do. I've seen too many examples in my life and those around me that have shown just how true that is.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why not? Are they going to play in it?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Same here. I would be nervous about a pool as well even if it had a fence around it. We have a pool with a fence and we have little cousins that come over sometimes and I always shut the fence doors, but somehow one of the cousins always gets it open and her mom does not watch her very well so it scares me to death!
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:20 am When mine were small, the answer was no. I get very nervous around small children and standing water of any depth at all. I know how quickly things can go downhill in that situation. The sitter can get distracted and small children move fast. And the truth is, I don't trust anyone to care about my kids as much as I do. I've seen too many examples in my life and those around me that have shown just how true that is.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No, they might fall in it. It's very close to the back porch...directly in the backyard..no fence around it.
jas wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:25 am Why not? Are they going to play in it?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Depends on how well I know them.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

If I know and trust them I wouldn’t have a problem.
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No. My YDS is terrified of deep water. If he can't stand in it he's not getting in it. But accidents can happen.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably only my sister. Everyone else is too old/I don't trust them enough. My niece won't let her DD stay the night with my other niece because she has a pool and a hot tub and she's too scared her DD will get in them alone.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. I have a small pond and I live near the lake. I’ve never had a problem. I made it a point to teach my child to swim at a very early age and water safety.
Locked Previous topicNext topic