S/O Pond

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes... I have a pool and a pond , as long as the child is properly supervised there should be no issue.

If the kid wouldn’t be properly supervised they could get hurt or killed a dozen different ways that don’t involve water, so I wouldn’t allow them to babysit.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Yes. My parents live on a river.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

As long as I had faith in the person, I'd allow them to supervise my child with or without a pond nearby.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:16 am Would you allow someone to babysit at their house that had a pond and you had a small child?
When the kids were young....NO pools, bay, harbor, ponds, creeks, rivers, lakes, streams, canals, ocean, sea.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Probably not, but my DD had a classmate that drowned while his mom's friend was supposed to be watching him, so after that I was very uncomfortable having my young kids around water without DH or I there to supervise.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I either trust someone to babysit or I don't, it has nothing to do with having a pond close by
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No. No, no, no. Never in a million years. Never in a billion years.

Drowning is, perhaps, my greatest fear. Certainly my most irrational one. I almost drowned as a child and I never went near deep water again in my life. I could never relax if I left my small child with someone in a house with an unsecured pool or any other body of water. It wouldn't make the slightest how much I trusted the sitter. Parents lose their own children in tragic drowning accidents all the time. It only takes a minute. Anyone can get distracted for a minute.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

SisterSomeone wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:40 pm No. No, no, no. Never in a million years. Never in a billion years.

Drowning is, perhaps, my greatest fear. Certainly my most irrational one. I almost drowned as a child and I never went near deep water again in my life. I could never relax if I left my small child with someone in a house with an unsecured pool or any other body of water. It wouldn't make the slightest how much I trusted the sitter. Parents lose their own children in tragic drowning accidents all the time. It only takes a minute. Anyone can get distracted for a minute.
This ^^^^
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Would I have allowed someone who had a small pond at their home to babysit my young child? Depends on how well I know them.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Of course.
Locked Previous topicNext topic