The gender pay gap.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:27 am The United States is paying the price for this type of justification: broken families, dysfunctional relationships, confusion, waywardness, depression, addiction, hopelessness.

At its heart, this justification values money and ambition over humanity.

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:10 pm This is a topic that really gets my back up. You take the 2 people that start on the same trajectory and the female has children. She and her spouse made that choice. There are sacrifices involved with deciding to procreate. Someone has to be available to those children.

If she and her spouse decided that she's primary in the respect that she stays home when they're sick, does the doctor appointments, does school pick up when sick - she's NOT putting in the same time as the guy that's booking 80 hours a week in the cubicle next door.

It is absolutely ridiculous for her to think that she should have the same benefits, promotions, and opportunities. That's the definition of entitlement to think that. I'm all for equal treatment - not special treatment, which is what that would be if she was identical in salary, perks and benefits. It's highly inequitable to the others that are doing the work and are putting in the time. We all make choices in life and others shouldn't have to be penalized for yours.
It absolutely does not. It values personal responsibility and planning for the choices you make. Personal responsibility has become a thing of the past this last decade, replaced by entitlement.

You can't blame anyone but the people having the families if they're broken. You're blaming an awful lot of people's problems on paying people commensurate with their effort. Everything in life isn't always someone else's fault.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:16 am
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:10 pm This is a topic that really gets my back up. You take the 2 people that start on the same trajectory and the female has children. She and her spouse made that choice. There are sacrifices involved with deciding to procreate. Someone has to be available to those children.

If she and her spouse decided that she's primary in the respect that she stays home when they're sick, does the doctor appointments, does school pick up when sick - she's NOT putting in the same time as the guy that's booking 80 hours a week in the cubicle next door.

It is absolutely ridiculous for her to think that she should have the same benefits, promotions, and opportunities. That's the definition of entitlement to think that. I'm all for equal treatment - not special treatment, which is what that would be if she was identical in salary, perks and benefits. It's highly inequitable to the others that are doing the work and are putting in the time. We all make choices in life and others shouldn't have to be penalized for yours.
I disagree. Being a parent should not limit you, male or female.
That's not realistic.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:17 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:16 am

I disagree. Being a parent should not limit you, male or female.
That's not realistic.
Yes it is. It is the way of life for me and everyone where I live.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

You fail to see the bigger picture here.
Workplaces expect employees to work extremely long hours so they can pay them less. Those long hours take mothers and fathers out of the home. Children don't have supervision so they get into trouble. Husbands and wives are deprived of their partners and that leads to loneliness, infidelity, anger or divorce. With the all this individualism, the capacity to relate to other people breaks down. So extended family dies. The sense of community has already rotted away. There's now an area of the US (Colorado-Idaho area) called the "Suicide Belt." These suicides are caused by a feeling of not getting ahead.

Now take all this and tell me the payoff is worth it.
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:15 am
HaggardWitch wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:27 am The United States is paying the price for this type of justification: broken families, dysfunctional relationships, confusion, waywardness, depression, addiction, hopelessness.

At its heart, this justification values money and ambition over humanity.

It absolutely does not. It values personal responsibility and planning for the choices you make. Personal responsibility has become a thing of the past this last decade, replaced by entitlement.

You can't blame anyone but the people having the families if they're broken. You're blaming an awful lot of people's problems on paying people commensurate with their effort. Everything in life isn't always someone else's fault.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Not much to say.. I agree with this.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:52 pmWhat say you?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:56 am

This is absolutely correct, but it's also a little oversimplified.

It's one thing for a man and a woman to agree ahead of time to devote equal care to their shared children. But when the rubber meets the road, it's not necessarily 100% choice that makes the man say "No, I can't today" and the woman say "Okay, then I have to." There's things wired into our own brains and deeply embedded in our society that makes it okay for the man to walk out the door because he HAS TO go to work and makes it okay for the woman to HAVE TO stay home to care for her child.

Some families have easily jumped over this evolutionary speedbump. But they are very much in the minority and probably will be for a few more generations.
I agree with you completely, however, I didn't even refer to any of that because I felt it would have derailed the topic. You get shot down immediately by the "equal" crew when you start to bring up that there are genetic predispositions to certain actions for each S*x.

The "equal" crew gets very bent out of shape when you bring up the fact that the sexes ARE indeed different and that each S*x has things that they are better at. We are not 100% equal in all categories. IE: most women are NOT as physically strong as men due to testosterone causing larger, heavier bones, etc. Women mostly tend to be more nurturing by our nature than men, etc. Again this is majority of the time and there are exceptions in all categories. But by and large. This is how we are engineered, so that the species survives. But this upsets the "equal" crew.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Locked Previous topicNext topic