The gender pay gap.

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yes, it's economic sexism. The pay gap goes all the way to CEOs and even TV News broadcasters where women are paid less. The more openly we talk about salaries the harder it will be for companies to justify paying women less for the same job that their male coworker is doing.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is a topic that really gets my back up. You take the 2 people that start on the same trajectory and the female has children. She and her spouse made that choice. There are sacrifices involved with deciding to procreate. Someone has to be available to those children.

If she and her spouse decided that she's primary in the respect that she stays home when they're sick, does the doctor appointments, does school pick up when sick - she's NOT putting in the same time as the guy that's booking 80 hours a week in the cubicle next door.

It is absolutely ridiculous for her to think that she should have the same benefits, promotions, and opportunities. That's the definition of entitlement to think that. I'm all for equal treatment - not special treatment, which is what that would be if she was identical in salary, perks and benefits. It's highly inequitable to the others that are doing the work and are putting in the time. We all make choices in life and others shouldn't have to be penalized for yours.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:02 pm I say we have more realistic expectations that parents will need to take time off, and stop penalizing parents - male or female - for taking care of their families.
No one is being penalized. If you're not working as hard as everyone else (not working as many hours/taking time off for family responsibilities) why should you have the same benefits? No one is being fired for taking care of their children. The person who isn't working as many hours made a choice, the choice to take care of a family.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:10 pm This is a topic that really gets my back up. You take the 2 people that start on the same trajectory and the female has children. She and her spouse made that choice. There are sacrifices involved with deciding to procreate. Someone has to be available to those children.

If she and her spouse decided that she's primary in the respect that she stays home when they're sick, does the doctor appointments, does school pick up when sick - she's NOT putting in the same time as the guy that's booking 80 hours a week in the cubicle next door.

It is absolutely ridiculous for her to think that she should have the same benefits, promotions, and opportunities. That's the definition of entitlement to think that. I'm all for equal treatment - not special treatment, which is what that would be if she was identical in salary, perks and benefits. It's highly inequitable to the others that are doing the work and are putting in the time. We all make choices in life and others shouldn't have to be penalized for yours.
This is absolutely correct, but it's also a little oversimplified.

It's one thing for a man and a woman to agree ahead of time to devote equal care to their shared children. But when the rubber meets the road, it's not necessarily 100% choice that makes the man say "No, I can't today" and the woman say "Okay, then I have to." There's things wired into our own brains and deeply embedded in our society that makes it okay for the man to walk out the door because he HAS TO go to work and makes it okay for the woman to HAVE TO stay home to care for her child.

Some families have easily jumped over this evolutionary speedbump. But they are very much in the minority and probably will be for a few more generations.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The US is shitty

So glad DH and I got a year off after we had our kids
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:10 pm This is a topic that really gets my back up. You take the 2 people that start on the same trajectory and the female has children. She and her spouse made that choice. There are sacrifices involved with deciding to procreate. Someone has to be available to those children.

I disagree. Being a parent should not limit you, male or female.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

And the world wonders why women aren't having a lot of children anymore.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

The United States is paying the price for this type of justification: broken families, dysfunctional relationships, confusion, waywardness, depression, addiction, hopelessness.

At its heart, this justification values money and ambition over humanity.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:49 pm I agree. I've been passed over for numerous things I'm qualified for because I'm a single mother. I've actually had my bitch boss tell me she didn't put me in the leadership program because she thought I couldn't handle it because I'm a single mom. Now that I think about it i should have complained and gone to the EEOC or something but I have no proof now. I only stay because I get excellent benefits, excellent fringe benefits and I have 5 years there. I stopped working so hard though. I spend my energy on getting my second degree and working on my small business.
However the men get everything they want at my job. Even though half their info is from me and my team. They move up like weeds when I can't move up to save my life (hence school and my business).

It might not be sexism but it is a form of discrimination.
It couldn't possibly be because your bitch boss thought the bitch employee wasnt as dedicated, didnt work as hard or took off more time because of her offspring being sick or emergencies.
Childless employees should be paid more if they work harder, show up and don't have a list of excuses that revolve around kids.
Employers shouldnt be flexible because women have a vagina. If the women cant keep up with the male employees then they deserve less pay.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Perhaps you should take your emotions to a MGTOW forum (aka Men Pouting), dude.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:49 pm I agree. I've been passed over for numerous things I'm qualified for because I'm a single mother. I've actually had my bitch boss tell me she didn't put me in the leadership program because she thought I couldn't handle it because I'm a single mom. Now that I think about it i should have complained and gone to the EEOC or something but I have no proof now. I only stay because I get excellent benefits, excellent fringe benefits and I have 5 years there. I stopped working so hard though. I spend my energy on getting my second degree and working on my small business.
However the men get everything they want at my job. Even though half their info is from me and my team. They move up like weeds when I can't move up to save my life (hence school and my business).

It might not be sexism but it is a form of discrimination.
It couldn't possibly be because your bitch boss thought the bitch employee wasnt as dedicated, didnt work as hard or took off more time because of her offspring being sick or emergencies.
Childless employees should be paid more if they work harder, show up and don't have a list of excuses that revolve around kids.
Employers shouldnt be flexible because women have a vagina. If the women cant keep up with the male employees then they deserve less pay.
Locked Previous topicNext topic