No relationship with in-laws?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I was the only one that basically tried to get the family together but after so many times of people not acting interested and/or rude, I gave up too.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:55 pm My mil died less than a year after we married. Her 3 sons just kinda scattered. They don't really maintain their relationship beyond a call every couple of years & maybe a visit every 5-10 years. I was the only dil and no matter how I tried to keep them talking & visiting, it just didn't work so I gave up on it.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:03 pm I was the only one that basically tried to get the family together but after so many times of people not acting interested and/or rude, I gave up too.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:55 pm My mil died less than a year after we married. Her 3 sons just kinda scattered. They don't really maintain their relationship beyond a call every couple of years & maybe a visit every 5-10 years. I was the only dil and no matter how I tried to keep them talking & visiting, it just didn't work so I gave up on it.
When my bil called once to bitch about how he had just sat in traffic in our city for 2 hours, but he was now 4 hours away so we couldn't try to meet up, I just gave up. I'll still never understand how you can travel 1/2 way across the country, be literally around the corner from us, stuck in traffic for hours no less, but not bother to call until you are too far away to meet up. At that point I was done trying.

I was pleasantly surprised 2 years ago when one of his brothers not only started calling but came for Christmas. Heard from him once after that & nothing since.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Their accent. I would get headaches trying to understand wtf they were saying.
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic