Goodbye letter

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:08 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:06 am I don't go to funerals regardless. Only exception would be my DH or kids, God forbid.
You wouldn't go to your parents or a siblings funeral either?
I know that you were not asking me, but no I did not attend either of my parents funerals. I have absolutely no regrets about not going, before anyone ask.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I sure wouldn't.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Well, it isn't like the deceased is going to know who shows up or who doesn't, and they certainly aren't going to know if their final wishes are being honored.

In this case, it would depend on the relationship I had with that person and why they don't want me there.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:14 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:06 am I don't go to funerals regardless. Only exception would be my DH or kids, God forbid.
I know that you were not asking me, but no I did not attend either of my parents funerals. I have absolutely no regrets about not going, before anyone ask.

My Mom didn't go to her Mom's funeral and I don't blame her.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I think funerals are for the living. If my SD didn't want me at her funeral but her father did, I'd go. My loyalty goes with those that are living and dear to me.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I wouldn't go
Anonymous 1

Unread post

What made you not go to their funerals?
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:14 pm
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't go. I hate seeing the person lying in a coffin, that's something you will never be able to unsee.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I go to funerals. But I don't "visit" the body. I just mingle and pay my respects.

When I "go," I don't want a bunch of people crying over my dead body. I want go out with all my friends standing around laughing about good times/memories.

Sassy, take care of this for me: "Prop Me Up Against the Jukebox if I Die": :lol:

Sassy762 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:06 pm I wouldn't go. I hate seeing the person lying in a coffin, that's something you will never be able to unsee.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

**Blank stare**
I'll pay someone to do that for you....................lol
I remember going to my paternal grandfathers wake when I was a little girl (I think that was the first one I ever went to). My grandmother kept trying to make me kiss him goodbye.....that was NOT going to happen. She made my brother and 2 other cousins kiss him, I flat out refused and walked out of the funeral home. My mom came running after me...I was ready to go home. The funeral home was only a few blocks and down the hill from my maternal grandparents home and I was going to walk there and sit on the swing until my maternal grandparents came home, lol

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:28 pm I go to funerals. But I don't "visit" the body. I just mingle and pay my respects.

When I "go," I don't want a bunch of people crying over my dead body. I want go out with all my friends standing around laughing about good times/memories.

Sassy, take care of this for me: "Prop Me Up Against the Jukebox if I Die": :lol:

Sassy762 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:06 pm I wouldn't go. I hate seeing the person lying in a coffin, that's something you will never be able to unsee.
Locked Previous topicNext topic