Annoyed, first world problem!!!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Last year the apartment complex replaced all the light/fixtures with LED lights. Great

Well today the bathtub room ceiling light starts flashing like a strobe light (It's a Jack and Jill bathroom set up) I go to replace the bulb.... Stupid fixture has no bulb, just wires.

Now I have to wait until some point next week for the Maintenance guy to come out and hopefully fix the stupid thing!!
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah I'm not a fan of fixtures with LED. Call me old school, but it's so much easier to just replace a bulb.

Our front porch light was LED. It worked fine for a couple of years, then it started doing that blinking. We ended up just replacing it with the bulb variety.

Good luck.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

So the light is part of the fixture? The whole thing has to be replaced?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:38 pm So the light is part of the fixture? The whole thing has to be replaced?

Yeah, I took the thing off the ceiling, it's all one piece thing with just wires, no bulbs... So as far as I can tell the whole thing needs to be replaced instead of just a bulb
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:38 pm So the light is part of the fixture? The whole thing has to be replaced?

Yeah, I took the thing off the ceiling, it's all one piece thing with just wires, no bulbs... So as far as I can tell the whole thing needs to be replaced instead of just a bulb
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:40 pm

That’s dumb.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sucks.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is quite common for LED fixtures meant for bathrooms, or high moisture areas. The entire fixture is sealed and must be replaced. I agree, this is a pain and not cost effective - but probably cheaper to manufacture. If this is a rental apartment, it may also be a safety issue that they don't short out from the steam.
Locked Previous topicNext topic