I dont care if she bought a plane ticket, she is still not staying with us

Anonymous 11

Unread post

Technically any extra room, even if used for another purpose could in fact be used by a guest to sleep. We have a 4 bedroom home with no official guest room. However my office could be used for that purpose as can the family room in the finished basement. So technically unless you only have a 2 bedroom apartment or house with no finished space outside of the living room you do indeed have room for grandmas.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:54 pm Not having a guest room doesn't mean I have a 2 bedroom house.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:52 pm You said you don’t have a guest room. So I’m not making things up, just surmising.

But it really doesn’t matter as it’s Trollville...so...

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:18 am 2 bedroom? Now you are just making stuff up.
All we would have to do is get in the car and go. She would see it but oh well
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Our extra room is now the nursery
There is no room for a bed.

We have more than 2 rooms
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:11 pm Technically any extra room, even if used for another purpose could in fact be used by a guest to sleep. We have a 4 bedroom home with no official guest room. However my office could be used for that purpose as can the family room in the finished basement. So technically unless you only have a 2 bedroom apartment or house with no finished space outside of the living room you do indeed have room for grandmas.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:54 pm Not having a guest room doesn't mean I have a 2 bedroom house.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:52 pm You said you don’t have a guest room. So I’m not making things up, just surmising.

Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not the OP but I have a 4 bedroom home and all those bedrooms are occupied. No extra rooms. I have a living room a kitchen and a dining room. I have no room for guests. You’re assuming a lot.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:11 pm Technically any extra room, even if used for another purpose could in fact be used by a guest to sleep. We have a 4 bedroom home with no official guest room. However my office could be used for that purpose as can the family room in the finished basement. So technically unless you only have a 2 bedroom apartment or house with no finished space outside of the living room you do indeed have room for grandmas.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

You do not owe your MIL or anyone an explanation as to why you don't want guests in the days immediately following the birth of your child.

I totally get you not wanting to be bombarded. I get you wanting that moment for you, your DH, and your newborn. Be nice. But don't feel bad about telling her no. Just as she had things her way when she had babies, you get to have things your way when having yours.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Stick with not answering the door. I wish I would have done that.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Thanks for trolling
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a great post. Lots of possible "updates"
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So the woman is already tight for cash but she buys a plane ticket AFTER you said she couldn't stay?

Okayyyyyyy.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:02 pm So the woman is already tight for cash but she buys a plane ticket AFTER you said she couldn't stay?

Okayyyyyyy.
Nothing about this thread makes any sense.
I gave up reading it a long time ago.
Big waste of time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:02 pm So the woman is already tight for cash but she buys a plane ticket AFTER you said she couldn't stay?

Okayyyyyyy.
A plane ticket isnt anywhere near as expensive as a hotel room for 2 months
Locked Previous topicNext topic