I got more custody because my ex refused to take the kids to sports and extracurriculars

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My kids are in high school. They are active in the school. Each is on a sports team and/or part of extra curriculars. My ex thinks they are a waste of time. He wont go to games or pick them up from anything. I was driving them from school to his house on his time and many mornings I was picking them up from his house and taking them to school.

My lawyer had me document it and I took it to court. We said we felt it was in their best interest for them to live with me during the week. The kids even got to talk to the judge and say how they felt about it. Not only do I have custody of them during the week and 2 weekends a month their dad is court ordered to take them to any scheduled events on his weekends or find another way to transport them. He also has to pay child support now and chip in for fees.

The judge did not seem to like how he talked down to the kids about their sports and other things they felt were important to them and their future. He is pissed at the kids and I am sure he hates me now but oh well. Just because those things are not important to him doesnt mean they arent important to the kids.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ok, and?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:21 pm My kids are in high school. They are active in the school. Each is on a sports team and/or part of extra curriculars. My ex thinks they are a waste of time. He wont go to games or pick them up from anything. I was driving them from school to his house on his time and many mornings I was picking them up from his house and taking them to school.

My lawyer had me document it and I took it to court. We said we felt it was in their best interest for them to live with me during the week. The kids even got to talk to the judge and say how they felt about it. Not only do I have custody of them during the week and 2 weekends a month their dad is court ordered to take them to any scheduled events on his weekends or find another way to transport them. He also has to pay child support now and chip in for fees.

The judge did not seem to like how he talked down to the kids about their sports and other things they felt were important to them and their future. He is pissed at the kids and I am sure he hates me now but oh well. Just because those things are not important to him doesnt mean they arent important to the kids.
Yay for you?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry your kids had to go through all that. I can understand the judge’s decision.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It seems to me that one of your major gripes was the amount of running around that you had to do versus the amount of running that he was willing to do. If that was the case, why, when the kids were at his house, were you picking them up and driving them to school? It seems that would have been one area where you could have spared yourself some driving.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:21 pm My kids are in high school. They are active in the school. Each is on a sports team and/or part of extra curriculars. My ex thinks they are a waste of time. He wont go to games or pick them up from anything. I was driving them from school to his house on his time and many mornings I was picking them up from his house and taking them to school.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Because they have a lot of stuff before school like practices or meetings
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:43 am It seems to me that one of your major gripes was the amount of running around that you had to do versus the amount of running that he was willing to do. If that was the case, why, when the kids were at his house, were you picking them up and driving them to school? It seems that would have been one area where you could have spared yourself some driving.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Sue him for Full custody, that will fix him. Lol
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

What happened that he was full custodial parent in the first place? You said you felt it was best they lived you all week. Why was he granted weekly custody and you weekends in your divorce?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:34 am What happened that he was full custodial parent in the first place? You said you felt it was best they lived you all week. Why was he granted weekly custody and you weekends in your divorce?
It was 50/50
Locked Previous topicNext topic