Collection accounts question

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's on your record from 7 years after it goes to collections. What can you do about it? You can pay the F***ing bill or call the hospital and try to get the debt transferred to your eh husband's name since it was for his biological kid however it is unlikely to happen since you were still together when services were rendered however they may be able to defer half the cost.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Try to get some money from the ex. Talk to the collection agency and ask if you can negotiate to reduce the bill. Set up payment arrangements.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You could pay the bill since services were rendered, you not being with the father anymore doesn't change that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:53 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:44 am You could pay the bill since services were rendered, you not being with the father anymore doesn't change that.

She's not my kid now and she wasn't then. I didn't sign for it. I don't even know how he got it in my name. We were living apart but not legally divorced at that point. I had paid bills for her before at the same hospital but that was before we separated.

I should have figured this would be the kind of response I would get here.
Does your divorce decree indicate that his debts are his own? I had it written into mine.
Try calling them and telling them you are not financially responsible for this child and update the info to your ex.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Contact the collections company, I guess and tell them that you're not the child's parent.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Are you saying he brought her to the hospital then forged your name in the part that asks for a signature of the responsible party?
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If you've never accepted responsibility for the debt, dispute it.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:57 am Contact the collections company, I guess and tell them that you're not the child's parent.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You could stop being such a loser
Anonymous 5

Unread post

How did he put his kid's hospital bill in your name? Is he the one that had taken her for these services? Or are you the one who did? I'm just curious because if I were you and I wasn't the one who signed for these services, I'd be raising holy hell and threatening to sue the hospital for my credit being damaged.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:55 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:35 am It's on your record from 7 years after it goes to collections. What can you do about it? You can pay the F***ing bill or call the hospital and try to get the debt transferred to your eh husband's name since it was for his biological kid however it is unlikely to happen since you were still together when services were rendered however they may be able to defer half the cost.

I'm not paying the bill. If the hospital wants to go after him they have his info so thats on them to figure out. They're the ones that let him put it in my name to begin with. Paying the bill won't help my credit very much if at all at this point. If all I can do is wait, so be it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic