WWYD if the pill thieves were YOUR kids?? Poll

If your kid committed a felony at the ages of 10-13. What would you do?

Try to teach them with love
17%
Call the cops myself within reason (plz explain)
6%
Nothing
No votes
Call the cops and let it play out
33%
Other (answered in comments)
44%

Total votes: 48
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

If your answer isn't listed, please explain in the comments how you would handle this situation with your own children.

If an example is needed, please look for my other post titled "kids stealing need to be taught a lesson"

I am just doing this poll to see what other parents would do in this situation.
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't even imagine. I'd like to say I wouldn't have allowed it to get that point in the first place. But, that's not my life so it's easy to say.

I'd be weary of calling the cops. I don't fully trust police, nor our justice system, and I wouldn't want my kids to have a record. But I also can't say I wouldn't turn them in.

I vote for love. Tough love- just maybe not tough love that involves calling the cops on a 10 year old.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd call the cops. It sounds terrible, but sometimes if you catch them young they can learn before they are an adult and develop bad habits.
Zoegirlsmom
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I would not call the police on my children at that age. I don't think I would handle it with love, but it would be handled in house.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

It would depend on their age and what else was going on with them. There's no way I'd call the police on a tween or kid in their early teens. They'd be on lockdown at home for a very long time. I'd possibly call the police on an older teen.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm I can't even imagine. I'd like to say I wouldn't have allowed it to get that point in the first place. But, that's not my life so it's easy to say.

I'd be weary of calling the cops. I don't fully trust police, nor our justice system, and I wouldn't want my kids to have a record. But I also can't say I wouldn't turn them in.

I vote for love. Tough love- just maybe not tough love that involves calling the cops on a 10 year old.
That's F***ing pathetic.

You do realize parents like you who think LOVE can teach them not to be criminals, are the reason our jails etc are so full of young people who weren't taught real lessons for their criminal behaviors as children. They are also the ones who can't figure out WHY they are sitting in jail.

It's bc mommy and daddy don't want to show their kids how life really F***ing works.

However, that's just my OPINION.
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momo3Queen2HerKing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:41 pm
mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm I can't even imagine. I'd like to say I wouldn't have allowed it to get that point in the first place. But, that's not my life so it's easy to say.

That's F***ing pathetic.

You do realize parents like you who think LOVE can teach them not to be criminals, are the reason our jails etc are so full of young people who weren't taught real lessons for their criminal behaviors as children. They are also the ones who can't figure out WHY they are sitting in jail.

It's bc mommy and daddy don't want to show their kids how life really F***ing works.

I teach my kids real life lessons. My kids have high expectations and serious consequences. Wow, you are very easily worked up.
Bob

Unread post

That's F***ing pathetic.

Calling the cops and having them jailed teaches them how to be better criminals. Stop being an idiot who believes jails are safe havens.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm I'd call the cops. It sounds terrible, but sometimes if you catch them young they can learn before they are an adult and develop bad habits.
So far out of those that have commented, you're the only one that I agree with.

Why WOULDN'T you call the cops? To me, that's shitty parenting. Kids their ages need to know that if you commit a crime, you do the time. These women's kids are gonna be shocked when they commit at crime at 16 & ^ and end up in cuffs and mommy can't do shit to keep her snowflake from having a record.

I guess they don't realize that if it's taken care of NOW and they don't get into any more trouble with drugs, at 18 they won't have a record anymore. Also, under 18 their records are sealed so nothing can be used against them like EVER.

I'm with you tho, better now than in 5+ yrs and they do big boy time in real jail.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Bob wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm

That's F***ing pathetic.

Calling the cops and having them jailed teaches them how to be better criminals. Stop being an idiot who believes jails are safe havens.
Maybe in your opinion. But my kids don't want to go to jail so if they were to do something to land themselves in jail. Guess what, they are smart enough to NOT keep doing it.

Maybe you're just worried yours won't get that jail is a bad place.
Locked Previous topicNext topic