Why are so many millennials lazy and entitled?

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:50 am
Smarties wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:37 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:35 am

No it doesn't. But all the stuff she listed is why they have 12 percent unemployment rate which is almost 3 times the national unemployment rate

Maybe part of it. Part of what she listed is good, and doesn't point to unemployment at all. You're not making much sense.
Actually none of it is good from an employer perspective. Their supposed freedom to job hop and unrealistic expectations make companies think twice about hiring Millienials. Yea they are on e of the most educated generations. It comes with a horrific cost of student loan debt. When they do get hired they can't pay their bills as simple as that. They jump from job to job not showing any stability or a reason for their companies to invest in them. Which is why... Their student loan debt and very low credit history is another contributing factor of their unemployment. My heart breaks for Milienials. They are in a truly shitty situation. They can't win for loosing.

Their higher levels of education and the higher ambition of a lot of the ones in the professional careers does make them more employable. There are pluses and minuses in what she said.

I am part of the millennial generation. I don't feel bad for me over that nor anyone else in my age range. We have all the opportunity we want to make for ourselves. Don't feel bad for us.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:54 am
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:50 am
Smarties wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:37 am

Maybe part of it. Part of what she listed is good, and doesn't point to unemployment at all. You're not making much sense.
Actually none of it is good from an employer perspective. Their supposed freedom to job hop and unrealistic expectations make companies think twice about hiring Millienials. Yea they are on e of the most educated generations. It comes with a horrific cost of student loan debt. When they do get hired they can't pay their bills as simple as that. They jump from job to job not showing any stability or a reason for their companies to invest in them. Which is why... Their student loan debt and very low credit history is another contributing factor of their unemployment. My heart breaks for Milienials. They are in a truly shitty situation. They can't win for loosing.

Their higher levels of education and the higher ambition of a lot of the ones in the professional careers does make them more employable. There are pluses and minuses in what she said.

I am part of the millennial generation. I don't feel bad for me over that nor anyone else in my age range. We have all the opportunity we want to make for ourselves. Don't feel bad for us.

But you don't....You guys don't have the same opportunities that earlier generations have. Not by a long shot. The debt that most millienials graduated with precludes them from many,many jobs. Just on that alone. Millienials graduated into a horrific recession that people are still feeling the effects of today. Jobs were hard to find. They had no choice but to take a lower paying jobs which forced a lot of their loans to go into default. Home ownership is mostly a pipe dream for these kids. I've seen way too many college graduates making less than 15 dollars an hour working in services because they couldn't find jobs in their fields or anywhere close to their fields. So now they are paying on average 400 a month for student loans. They go into default. No way to buy a home then until their student debt is taken care of. They definitely got the short end of the stick. The boomers fucked them royally
Crystalina
Countess
Countess

Unread post

"Why are so many millennials lazy and entitled?"

Because their parents allowed them to be lazy and spoiled. That said, I know a lot of millenials that are more hard working than some people in older generations.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What a total load of BS. That is obviously a made up stat
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:35 pm First, millennials are the generation born from 81 to 96. The youngest millennials are late 23, so your 22 year old co-worker is not a millennial. Second, statistics show that millennials are actually harder working that previous generations. Why are you spending so much time worrying about what your co-workers are doing instead of focusing on your job?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:33 pm What a total load of BS. That is obviously a made up stat
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:35 pm First, millennials are the generation born from 81 to 96. The youngest millennials are late 23, so your 22 year old co-worker is not a millennial. Second, statistics show that millennials are actually harder working that previous generations. Why are you spending so much time worrying about what your co-workers are doing instead of focusing on your job?
What proof do you have that it's made up?
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The millennials I know are hard working and career driven
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:58 am What age group is generation x? I'm an older millennial and from my experience I feel like you just described generation x
Says the lady that stays with a man she absolutely hates to avoid working a real job.
So? Some go off birth control and have another kid to avoid getting a job.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:45 am Entitled. They have grown up entitled.
Phones, hair, nice cars, special schools, social media, it goes on and on, and the parents did it.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:06 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 pm

I have four coworkers over 50, the rest of us (20 people) are Millenials. The three worst people on the unit aren’t Millenials. Lol
No one between the ages of, say 33 and 50? That’s a fluke.
The oldest Millenials are turning 38, not 33. We have a little group of people who are turning 38 this year, but no one in their 40s, no. Well, except the manager.
When broad statements are made about millennials they are talking about the younger ones. Almost 4o year olds have their lives together for the most part.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I think the problems with millenials go way beyond parenting. America keeps running on outdated ideas.
Locked Previous topicNext topic