Admissions Scandal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

is ridiculous.
Neither woman should go to prison, neither woman should be fined.
Athletes and members of congress have been paying to get their children into elite college for years.
What is the big deal about these two women?

When you put this 'scandal' next to the crimes committed by James Comey and now Andrew McCabe it definitely becomes a non story.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just because there are worst crimes, that doesn’t mean they should get away with it. Just because there’s such a thing as grand theft, that doesn’t mean shoplifters should just go free without consequence. Just because there’s murder in the first that doesn’t mean those who commit manslaughter should go free.

Yes, rich people have been paying to get their kids in top colleges. These just happened to get caught. So again, just because “others do it” that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t face consequences. That’s an argument an 8 year would use to avoid trouble 🙄 “But mommy! EVERYONE else is doing it!!!” 😩
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Huffman got off easy. Hopefully Loughlin gets a tougher sentence.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I agree... They should get a fine and that's it.

I don't even know if you can call something a scandal when it's been the way of the world since basically Higher Education for Profit began...
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They committed fraud and took spots from deserving students. They deserve what they got. If a statement isn't made, society will go on thinking this is acceptable.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:06 pm is ridiculous.
Athletes and members of congress have been paying to get their children into elite college for years.

When you put this 'scandal' next to the crimes committed by James Comey and now Andrew McCabe it definitely becomes a non story.
The big deal is that paying a college or university directly by donation is legal. If they had done that they wouldn’t be in trouble.

Hiring someone to take or change test scores or present you as athletes for sports you have never played is illegal.

Felicity took a plea bargain and got that. She paid $15,000 for test scores to be changed.

I wonder what Lori Loughlin and her husband will end up with. They opted to go to trial instead and they paid the guy $500,000, I believe for each daughter, to get them in as members of the rowing team. They were not part of their high school rowing team as they portrayed themselves.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:10 pm I agree... They should get a fine and that's it.

I don't even know if you can call something a scandal when it's been the way of the world since basically Higher Education for Profit began...
They didn’t pay the college or university directly by donation. That is legal. They paid a third party to cheat their way in illegally. Although the end result can be the same, there is a difference in how it’s done.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

They didn’t just pay money to get their kid in, they orchestrated cheating on standardized exams. And fines for the very wealthy are nothing. When things are punishable by fine it basically means ‘legal for the rich.’
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And seriously, Felicity got of easily. I think it’s a reasonable punishment, though, it wasn’t a huge crime. But 14 days in prison (and she may be there for only a few hours) and a fine of $30,000? She probably asked her husband to pay that from their swear jar. Community service? She won’t have to do much, I’m sure.
DSamuels wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:30 pm

The big deal is that paying a college or university directly by donation is legal. If they had done that they wouldn’t be in trouble.

Hiring someone to take or change test scores or present you as athletes for sports you have never played is illegal.

Felicity took a plea bargain and got that. She paid $15,000 for test scores to be changed.

I wonder what Lori Loughlin and her husband will end up with. They opted to go to trial instead and they paid the guy $500,000, I believe for each daughter, to get them in as members of the rowing team. They were not part of their high school rowing team as they portrayed themselves.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:30 pm

I think paying for test results is far worse. Fudging your way into a photo of a sports team and putting that team on your CV is shady, but it's not nearly as bad as cheating on test scores. I think the altering of scores should carry a much stiffer penalty.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic