What am I?

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I swear this thing was looking at me while I took its picture. Kinda cool but I don't know what it is.
20190913_235509.jpg
20190913_234038.jpg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Grasshopper, perhaps
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Katydid or long horned grasshopper
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 amGrasshopper, perhaps
If that's all it is I'm going to be disappointed. looks more exotic than that to me.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It looks like a praying mantis to me.

Be nice to him!
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:04 am It looks like a praying mantis to me.

Be nice to him!

Oooh I think you're right! I didn't hurt him! He seemed very aware of me. And studied me. He didn't try to fly or run away. Just peered at me.

ETA: I've been told "he" is actually "she." Not sure how you can tell haha
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Praying Mantis
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I always thought they were the neatest things! They always looked so "smart" to me.

My grandma used to always tell me that when one shows up, someone you know must be lost and needs help finding their way home or back. I recently learned that that's what the ancient Greeks used to believe! Anyone lost that you know of? :) Rest assured. The praying mantis will help him find his way back!

Smarties wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:08 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:04 am It looks like a praying mantis to me.

Be nice to him!

Oooh I think you're right! I didn't hurt him! He seemed very aware of me. And studied me. He didn't try to fly or run away. Just peered at me.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:21 am I always thought they were the neatest things! They always looked so "smart" to me.

My grandma used to always tell me that when one shows up, someone you know must be lost and needs help finding their way home or back. I recently learned that that's what the ancient Greeks used to believe! Anyone lost that you know of? :) Rest assured. The praying mantis will help him find his way back!

Be nice to him!

Hmmmm yeah, in a figurative sense I know someone very lost. Thank you!!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pretty neat belief about them, don't ya think?

I hope that person you are referring to is just lost a little and that he or she finds his way soon enough. :)
Smarties wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:23 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:21 am I always thought they were the neatest things! They always looked so "smart" to me.

Hmmmm yeah, in a figurative sense I know someone very lost. Thank you!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic