Dental Insurance Issues

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have dental insurance and need my wisdom teeth out. I called around and found a place that did sedation and went for my appointment. When I had made my appointment I gave them my insurance info. I get there and am told they dont accept that particular policy from my insurance company. I leave.
I call my dental insurance and ask for a list of dentist that accept my particular policy. None of the people from that list accept that policy. WTF?!
I decide to call the dental school as a last resort. I was assured they acceot my policy and can come in from an evaluation in a month. 😢
The good news is I am losing even more weight on the "can't chew" diet.

I am changing this damn dental policy.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I honestly don't bother. I just use carecredit. I had that problem myself with the kids and myself. At this point I'm not sure dental insurance is worth it.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Weird. Never had that come up. The in network lists are usually pretty accurate.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No way I would wait. Id just go and have the removed and not deal with the pain.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I hope you called your insurance back and told them they need to update their list as none of the offices they gave you accepted it. As far as the oral surgeon that will accept it may be necessary to drive a long distance like 2 hours to the nearest big city where they have many offices to chose from.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 pm I honestly don't bother. I just use carecredit. I had that problem myself with the kids and myself. At this point I'm not sure dental insurance is worth it.
I am looking at the website right now
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm I hope you called your insurance back and told them they need to update their list as none of the offices they gave you accepted it. As far as the oral surgeon that will accept it may be necessary to drive a long distance like 2 hours to the nearest big city where they have many offices to chose from.
I live next to a big city. I don't mind the dental school, but I know about their long wait.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:08 pm No way I would wait. Id just go and have the removed and not deal with the pain.
Many places will make you pay upfront. Sedation extractions are not cheap. I want to be knocked the f**k out after what happen last time.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 pm I honestly don't bother. I just use carecredit. I had that problem myself with the kids and myself. At this point I'm not sure dental insurance is worth it.
I am looking at the website right now
Just be careful. I had a lousy experience at a school. It didn't damage me. It was just a matter of what the hygienist did was very painful and I couldn't get good painkillers. Make sure someone is overseeing the work. Frankly I'd rather suck it up and pay full price but I can afford to now. There was a time I couldn't so I know the feeling.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:16 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm I hope you called your insurance back and told them they need to update their list as none of the offices they gave you accepted it. As far as the oral surgeon that will accept it may be necessary to drive a long distance like 2 hours to the nearest big city where they have many offices to chose from.
I live next to a big city. I don't mind the dental school, but I know about their long wait.
Do you have to get them cut out or just pulled? If just pulled I know it sucks but you can just do a local and not pay the large amount of money for the sedation. It will take a few minutes to pull all 4. Then your bill won't be so large if you pay out of pocket. I would not be waiting for the dental school.
Locked Previous topicNext topic