60 percent of Americans say Trump does not deserve reelection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Too many people didn't vote in 2016 because they didn't think people would actually fall for Trump's racist BS. Even a lot of people in his own party think he's crazy dangerous but being reelected means more than doing their duty toward a majority of people so they stay silent. Appalling. He is grossly incompetent and knows nothing about running the country. One of his main claims was that he was a great businessman and that would make it easy to run the U.S which is nuts anyway but even if it were true, he is an appallingly bad businessman as well. No one who has files bankruptcy SIX times is a great businessman.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

This is good.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 am It is. Any democratic system that results in the winner of the most majority of votes not being the actual winner is flawed by definition. Just think of the times people use the phrase “let’s choose this democratically”- from deciding what movie to watch to what take out to get- it means that each person gets one vote that counts and whatever gets the most votes that’s the winner.

I think the issue is that the U.S doesn’t see itself as a unity. I’ve heard the defense of the EC: “why should others choose what’s better for me and my state?” Well, because when choosing a president it’s about the country. And what’s unfair is that some states get more of a saying than others. When the decision is who isn’t going to leas the country, it should be up every individual to decide, not to put more weight on certain states than others.

Imagine if a family of 5 is being “democratic” to choose where to eat. Mom and dad vote for Red Lobster and the 3 kids vote for Cheesecake Factory. In a real democracy, that would mean he Cheesecake Factory. But hey, the family has an EC in place and the kids’ votes are worth one, the parents’ votes are worth 3 so tough! Even if the majority wants to go to Cheesecake Factory, it’s Red Lobster because it’s 6-3, not 3-2 as it TRULY is. How is that fair and democratic?
Ledina60 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:09 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Comments like this do not help or continue the conversation.

You KNOW that she did not win the election because you do understand the system by which we elect presidents. If you don’t like the system or find it faulty - say that.

I find the electoral college system to be ever more relevant today. I find polls to be useless propaganda - only published to help sway voters.
The Electoral College is an old antiquated device created by the founding fathers whom I bet are spinning in their graves now after seeing who was put in the White House .
If Hillary had won due to the Electoral college, you would hate the whole idea of an Electoral College and the founding fathers.
Because of your rigid biased outlook, and your misplaced loyalty for an unqualified member of the Elite.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Exactly!
Back in 2016 I saw posts about Trump being a business man and how we needed a man to run our country like a business - and, what was worse, they said declaring bankruptcy was a great idea!!!
OMG
(I was shocked at the moronic, uneducated Trump fans back then and I still am!)
So here we are with a failed business man messing up our country.
🙁
EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:36 am Too many people didn't vote in 2016 because they didn't think people would actually fall for Trump's racist BS. Even a lot of people in his own party think he's crazy dangerous but being reelected means more than doing their duty toward a majority of people so they stay silent. Appalling. He is grossly incompetent and knows nothing about running the country. One of his main claims was that he was a great businessman and that would make it easy to run the U.S which is nuts anyway but even if it were true, he is an appallingly bad businessman as well. No one who has files bankruptcy SIX times is a great businessman.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The concept that Americans vote with their wallets is actually pretty popular. My fil says it all the time. It’s a way of saying that the so.e concern of the American voter is the economy. I think that’s starting to change. It may still a strong factor, maybe even the stronger factor for some. But Americans are starting to consider other things for their vote, like views on moral and social issues. I think those are becoming an increasing consideration when voting. It’s no longer just about the money.
So yeah, many fell for that line. But seriously... if anyone actually believes that a businessman is the best choice to run a country (idiotic idea to begin with), then at the very least choose a competent businessman, not a complete loser!
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am Exactly!
Back in 2016 I saw posts about Trump being a business man and how we needed a man to run our country like a business - and, what was worse, they said declaring bankruptcy was a great idea!!!
OMG
🙁
EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:36 am Too many people didn't vote in 2016 because they didn't think people would actually fall for Trump's racist BS. Even a lot of people in his own party think he's crazy dangerous but being reelected means more than doing their duty toward a majority of people so they stay silent. Appalling. He is grossly incompetent and knows nothing about running the country. One of his main claims was that he was a great businessman and that would make it easy to run the U.S which is nuts anyway but even if it were true, he is an appallingly bad businessman as well. No one who has files bankruptcy SIX times is a great businessman.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Absolutely!

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 am The concept that Americans vote with their wallets is actually pretty popular. My fil says it all the time. It’s a way of saying that the so.e concern of the American voter is the economy. I think that’s starting to change. It may still a strong factor, maybe even the stronger factor for some. But Americans are starting to consider other things for their vote, like views on moral and social issues. I think those are becoming an increasing consideration when voting. It’s no longer just about the money.
So yeah, many fell for that line. But seriously... if anyone actually believes that a businessman is the best choice to run a country (idiotic idea to begin with), then at the very least choose a competent businessman, not a complete loser!
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am Exactly!
OMG
🙁
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I don't see Trump getting re-elected. Of course, I didn't think he'd win round 1, even though I voted for him. If the Democrats had someone strong enough to unite the country, I would vote for that person. Haven't seen that. I plan to either vote 3rd party or write in Donald Duck. Right now those are better choices than what I'm currently seeing, unless someone dynamic finally steps up.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And people doing that is what will get Trump re-elected.
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm I don't see Trump getting re-elected. Of course, I didn't think he'd win round 1, even though I voted for him. If the Democrats had someone strong enough to unite the country, I would vote for that person. Haven't seen that. I plan to either vote 3rd party or write in Donald Duck. Right now those are better choices than what I'm currently seeing, unless someone dynamic finally steps up.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Oh well. Dems certainly aren't offering a better option, at the moment.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:34 pm And people doing that is what will get Trump re-elected.
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm I don't see Trump getting re-elected. Of course, I didn't think he'd win round 1, even though I voted for him. If the Democrats had someone strong enough to unite the country, I would vote for that person. Haven't seen that. I plan to either vote 3rd party or write in Donald Duck. Right now those are better choices than what I'm currently seeing, unless someone dynamic finally steps up.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The right thanks you.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anyone is better than tRump!
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 pm Oh well. Dems certainly aren't offering a better option, at the moment.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:34 pm And people doing that is what will get Trump re-elected.
Locked Previous topicNext topic