She said they are wanting to get married

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dd Is 5 months pregnant. The father, she has been with 7 months. She has known him for 2 years. The pregnancy wasn't planned. The baby was a suprise. But it happened. Her and I were out riding around yesterday and she told me they want to get married a few months. They don't have the money for an actual wedding so this will be a court house wedding and after the baby is born maybe down the road renew their vows.

I told her that I think they should wait a little bit longer. Maybe wait until after the is baby is born to see how things are then. Because things change with a baby. They are both adults but they are still young. I will support any decision they make I just personally think they are jumping into this to quickly because of the baby. If things don't work out it is expensive and harder to get out of a marriage especially when their is a child involved. I like her fiance. He is good to her but he is still young and a bit immature.

She is grown and can make her own decisions but since she brought it up I gave her my opinion.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hetti g mattied before the baby means he can make life saving decisions if something occurs during the childbirth. It also means he does not have to ask to be put on the bith certificate.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:03 pm Hetti g mattied before the baby means he can make life saving decisions if something occurs during the childbirth. It also means he does not have to ask to be put on the bith certificate.
Chances are if something was to go wrong during child birth he would come to us. He will be on the birth certificate he'll just have to sign.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:43 am My dd Is 5 months pregnant. The father, she has been with 7 months. She has known him for 2 years. The pregnancy wasn't planned. The baby was a suprise. But it happened. Her and I were out riding around yesterday and she told me they want to get married a few months. They don't have the money for an actual wedding so this will be a court house wedding and after the baby is born maybe down the road renew their vows.

I told her that I think they should wait a little bit longer. Maybe wait until after the is baby is born to see how things are then. Because things change with a baby. They are both adults but they are still young. I will support any decision they make I just personally think they are jumping into this to quickly because of the baby. If things don't work out it is expensive and harder to get out of a marriage especially when their is a child involved. I like her fiance. He is good to her but he is still young and a bit immature.

She is grown and can make her own decisions but since she brought it up I gave her my opinion.
She shouldnt get married before the baby is born and she shouldn't put him on the birth certificate right then either.
IF everything works out until the baby is at least 1, then they can get married and put his name on the BC.
This protects your dd so she will have full custody of the child in case something goes wrong.
Worst case scenario, the dad will have to petition the court for a paternity test and that takes time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:43 am My dd Is 5 months pregnant. The father, she has been with 7 months. She has known him for 2 years. The pregnancy wasn't planned. The baby was a suprise. But it happened. Her and I were out riding around yesterday and she told me they want to get married a few months. They don't have the money for an actual wedding so this will be a court house wedding and after the baby is born maybe down the road renew their vows.

She shouldnt get married before the baby is born and she shouldn't put him on the birth certificate right then either.
IF everything works out until the baby is at least 1, then they can get married and put his name on the BC.
This protects your dd so she will have full custody of the child in case something goes wrong.
Worst case scenario, the dad will have to petition the court for a paternity test and that takes time.

It doesn't matter if he is on the birth certificate because in my state if you're not married the father has no parental right even if he is on the birth certificate. The mother automatically has full physical and legal custody until the father take it to court to establish paternity.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Nothing wrong with wanting to get married and have a traditional family. This guy wants to marry your daughter and be a dad to their child-I’m amazed at the response because if he ditched her and the baby, everyone on here would be hating on him for that. The baby shouldn’t have been a surprise. S*x can equal babies.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldn't trust him just yet. If they are married he can freely take that baby and not give it back should something go wrong. She'd have to take him to court. It happens all the time in married but divorcing couples and while shady it's perfectly legal.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Depending on the state his name doesnt make a difference on custody, my ex is on my sons and because of state laws he has no legal custody without a court order, and even then the name doesnt mean much cause theyd just do a dna test before the hearings and prove hes the dad. My ex cant see ourbson without my say, except in our case even if he went to court he wouldnt get visits or anything but thats a while story
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:32 pm Nothing wrong with wanting to get married and have a traditional family. This guy wants to marry your daughter and be a dad to their child-I’m amazed at the response because if he ditched her and the baby, everyone on here would be hating on him for that. The baby shouldn’t have been a surprise. S*x can equal babies.
He can be a dad without jumping into a marriage at 19 20 to someone you've been with under a year
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:34 pm I wouldn't trust him just yet. If they are married he can freely take that baby and not give it back should something go wrong. She'd have to take him to court. It happens all the time in married but divorcing couples and while shady it's perfectly legal.
Yup, women are the worst at that.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Locked Previous topicNext topic