The Lara Spencer Hullabaloo

sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The comment wasn't okay. Was it as bad as what people are making it out to be? No. But it still wasn't okay. It was very clear that she took issue with a boy taking ballet with the way she paused and such. It was tone deaf but not worthy of boycott or anything else and it is time to drop it.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 pm Why would an adult feel okay making fun of a kid for their hobby/interests, especially when it’s something the kid might face bullying from their peers about because it doesn’t conform to gender stereotypes?
"We'll see how long that lasts," Spencer deadpanned before chuckling.

That's "making fun" of a kid? That's a statement on the fact that kids that young lose interest in things quickly. That's no criticism of him personally.

Why is this something worthy of an apology? It's a throw away comment. I'm not clear what there is to be up in arms about.
Eh, did you see the whole comment with video? I don't think it's a huge deal but the way she said it was cringe worthy.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

She's apologized and has made attempts to make amends.

But for many (I've seen the news story threads elsewhere), it won't be enough and THEY won't be happy until they can bleed her and this mistake dry.

THIS is who we've become as a society...taking a story we've heard or read, and bringing out the pitchforks, regardless if those involved in the story have owned up to their mistake.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 pm Why would an adult feel okay making fun of a kid for their hobby/interests, especially when it’s something the kid might face bullying from their peers about because it doesn’t conform to gender stereotypes?
"We'll see how long that lasts," Spencer deadpanned before chuckling.

That's "making fun" of a kid? That's a statement on the fact that kids that young lose interest in things quickly. That's no criticism of him personally.

Why is this something worthy of an apology? It's a throw away comment. I'm not clear what there is to be up in arms about.
She’s acknowledged she was making fun of him being a little boy and liking ballet, which is obvious in the context of the video.

Her apology seems sincere and it’s not the end of the world, but when boys get made fun of by their peers for liking things like dance, adults should lead by example.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

No different than that Robertson guy on Duck Dynasty saying he didn't believe in gay marriage, yet you all attacked him ..

It's the same thing, both are saying an opinion.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:29 am No different than that Robertson guy on Duck Dynasty saying he didn't believe in gay marriage, yet you all attacked him ..

You are a seriously confused troll. He said that 6 years ago. This site has only been around 15 months.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:41 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:29 am No different than that Robertson guy on Duck Dynasty saying he didn't believe in gay marriage, yet you all attacked him ..

You are a seriously confused troll. He said that 6 years ago. This site has only been around 15 months.
You are clueless that just about every one is from Cafemom ?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:48 am

Once again, you are seriously confused. I was from Cafemom. That doesn't mean I was a member in 2013. Neither were a lot of members.

I would not have attacked him even though I disagree with him. I don't believe the thousands of members of CM attacked him in 2013.

Stop trying to stir up shit.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I missed this. If she was stereotyping then shame on her. If she was teasing shame on those who are blowing this out of proportion.
i want candy!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:48 am

Once again, you are seriously confused. I was from Cafemom. That doesn't mean I was a member in 2013. Neither were a lot of members.

I would not have attacked him even though I disagree with him. I don't believe the thousands of members of CM attacked him in 2013.

Stop trying to stir up shit.
Looks like you're the one trying to stir up shit. If you weren't on CM at the time then you can ignore my comment instead of trying to say what you would have done back then.

Thanks for trying to troll me, too bad it didn't work for you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic