Are dating and being in a relationship the same thing?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

In your opinion do they mean the same thing?

I see them as different things. You can date someone without being in a relationship with them.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They can be the same thing, but many times they aren’t. Before I got married, there was a guy that I dated off and on for years, but we were never in a relationship.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:00 pm In your opinion do they mean the same thing?

I see them as different things. You can date someone without being in a relationship with them.
No, they are different imo
You can date multiple people at once but if you are in a monogamous relationship then its a one on one type thing. Unless of course you both agree to an open relationship
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. Dating is going out, having fun, but not being committed. A relationship you’re only with the one person (unless both parties agree on something else)
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No they’re not.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

No.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I sure hope not since my younger brother is currently dating 3 women. He whittled down the 5 he was dating to 3 because it was getting too expensive and too exhausting.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, I don't think they are. Dating means that you see that person when you go out on a date. Dating you could be seeing different people. Being in a relationship means that you are only with that person.

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dating- not exclusive
Relationship- exclusive
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

no. You can date 1 person - you can date 20... hopefully not at the same time. But when you're in a relationship, it's exclusive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic