Dd got pink eye from day 9 of school! Pissed off!!!!!! Wwyd?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:51 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm

My kids go home and to school that's it. No one at home has pink eye so if we don't have it where else could she have gotten it? The only other place is school.
You don't go other places after school, like public parks, malls, restaurants, etc? I do agree with others though. You sound unhinged.
No we don't. We don't go to Parks because my own backyard has a pool, swing set, trampoline and even pet chickens! We don't go to restaurants. Home cooking taste better and is cheaper. We don't go shopping unless if we need something and even then I do that while the kids are in school.
She could have easily gotten it from the chickens. Conjunctivitis is simply an infection of the eye, it can come from so many different places, including from animals.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Damn! Take a breath! It isn’t that big of a deal. Pink eye is easily treated!
Anonymous 11

Unread post

And you talking to the school is going to make what difference? Like you really believe your opinion holds much weight with everyone at the school?
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:30 pm You have ZERO proof someone at school gave her pink eye. Your child could have touched ANYTHING in public, and rubbed her eyes later. FFS lady, get a grip.
My kids go home and to school that's it. No one at home has pink eye so if we don't have it where else could she have gotten it? The only other place is school.
You could have brought it home and gave it to her after going to the grocery store or to work or anywhere you have been.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:28 pm I contracted pink eye taking my kid to an evening open house at a high school. I have no idea where I picked it up. But by the time we left, my eye was red, swollen and very itchy.
If it started while you were there then you had it before you got there. It takes longer than an open house for a high school for germs to incubate and actually affect you.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I can't get past swallen... If you know you spelled it incorrectly why not just look it up so you know how to spell it? Instead of repeatedly saying "swallen sp?" Other than that you sound like you are overreacting. You seem angry at everyone. Kids get sick especially kids that are in school around other kids. You don't know for certain it was a child at school that gave your kid pink eye. She could have got it anywhere. Unless she only goes to school and never anywhere else you can't put the blame on some random child or a random parent. Why did a nurse diagnose your kid wasn't she seen by a doctor at urgent care. Or was this a Nurse Practioner (which IMO are often better than doctors I see one as my primary)
Anonymous 12

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:21 pm Kids get sick, especially if they attend daycare or school.

I would imagine kids that are homeschooled get sick too.

I don't understand why some parents get so bent out of shape over this.
Yep lol I wish we were immune to all the nasties but we are not. My kids have even had pink eye before. They don't get sick often but we have at least one or two illnesses a year with each kid. I have one kid that picks up stomach bugs so easily. Thankfully they usually only last until after lunch so its very mild but still vomit is my weakness lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:31 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:28 pm I contracted pink eye taking my kid to an evening open house at a high school. I have no idea where I picked it up. But by the time we left, my eye was red, swollen and very itchy.
If it started while you were there then you had it before you got there. It takes longer than an open house for a high school for germs to incubate and actually affect you.
I don't think so. I was in my home all day prior to the open house. I was definitely not around other children or another school prior to that open house either.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would have requested that the nurse leave, and let me speak to a doctor first of all.

Second, I had a friend that had pink eye in school. We hung out all of the time, and I never got it. I'm not sure exactly how it's spread, but I always made sure to wash my hands, and she did too. Nobody else ever caught it. You can't blame a kid in the classroom, because you don't know for sure what happened, or how she got it.

Calm down, give her the drops, and tell her to wash her hands and not rub anyone's eyeball. I'm sure it will be fine.

Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:34 am
OBXPrincess wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:31 am
I don't think so. I was in my home all day prior to the open house. I was definitely not around other children or another school prior to that open house either.
You don't get pink eye only from schools. You can get it at home by not washing your hands properly. Or from the grocery store. Or anywhere. Pink eye has an incubation period of 14 days.
Locked Previous topicNext topic