Dd got pink eye from day 9 of school! Pissed off!!!!!! Wwyd?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:52 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 pm
jas wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:03 pm You're kid is going to get sick at school. Get used to it.
I realize that but if your kid is sick KEEP THEM HOME! Don't send them to school to infect others. We don't need a epidemic! Schools close down over things like this!
Where in the world are you? They wouldn't close the schools here for an out break of pink eye. They'd increase the use of hand sanitizer and have the kids wash their hands more. Not much else to do.
I was thinking more along the lines of the flu. Schools have closed for that. But it is the same guildelines very contagious, get it from other people, can be a epidemic. ECT.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:51 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm

My kids go home and to school that's it. No one at home has pink eye so if we don't have it where else could she have gotten it? The only other place is school.
You don't go other places after school, like public parks, malls, restaurants, etc? I do agree with others though. You sound unhinged.
No we don't. We don't go to Parks because my own backyard has a pool, swing set, trampoline and even pet chickens! We don't go to restaurants. Home cooking taste better and is cheaper. We don't go shopping unless if we need something and even then I do that while the kids are in school.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pink eye is contagious before symptoms start so it's possible the first kid didn't even know. You can also get non viral pink eye due to allergies that isn't even contagious at all. You seem really mad for no reason.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:52 pm
jas wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 pm

I realize that but if your kid is sick KEEP THEM HOME! Don't send them to school to infect others. We don't need a epidemic! Schools close down over things like this!
Apparently you're unaware that you can spread pink eye before showing symptoms yourself. So no one intentionally sent their kid with pink eye to school. Not to mention she could have gotten it off a cart at walmart for all you know.
Haven't been to Walmart in two months.
ok, so? make her wash her hands more and calm down. It's not the end of the world and again - if she got it from school, their parents probably didn't know either. Bet they're blaming you now. Fact is, you're not gonna know - just medicate her and move on.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:30 pm You have ZERO proof someone at school gave her pink eye. Your child could have touched ANYTHING in public, and rubbed her eyes later. FFS lady, get a grip.
My kids go home and to school that's it. No one at home has pink eye so if we don't have it where else could she have gotten it? The only other place is school.
Your kids go no where else, ever? Lol okay.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What would I do? I’d stop being so overly dramatic! My son got pink eye from water at a spray park. Shit happens! It’s easily treater, 24 hrs later she goes back to school. In the mean time chill out. Also, if your dad got the varicella vaccine she can get shingles.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:50 pm School started last Thursday. My DD woke up yesterday with her eyelid swallen sp? And red spots around her eye. Of course I called my dh and said said DD needed to go to urgent care NOW! My dh took his sweet time getting home and insisted we go to this new urgent care in town.

So we went there and the freaking nurse looking driver and sighed and said the only thing I can think of what she has is shingles!!!!!!! I looked at the nurse and she has had the chicken pox vaccine and never had the chicken pox so how is that possible?

The nurse said huh? And came up with the excuse that it is pink eye and the eye lid is swallen sp? from her rubbing it in her sleep and the spot are bug bites. The nurse said she won't be contagious after taking the eye drops for 24 hours.

I am not sure what to do about tomorrow. Her eyelid is still swallen sp? Do I take her to her doctor since the stupid nurse tried to diagnose her with shingles even though she has never had chicken pox and has the vaccine and doesn't even show any symptoms of freaking shingles!? Do I send her to school since she isn't contagious anymore even with her eye swallen sp? if I send her to school do inform the teacher that pink eye is being spread around the classroom and she needs to bust out the clorex early since patient zero is still contagious ( not my kid. The kid that infected mine.) I still have to put drops in her eyes 4 times a day.

What I am really pissed about is someone sent their kid to school with pink eye to infect all the other kids because they are too freaking selfish to care about anyone but themselves. This happened last year with the flu. One kid got the flu and his parents send the kid back to school every day still sick just for the kid to throw up and get sent back home. That is how my DD and 3/4th of my DD class got the flu. FYI the got their flu shot in November and got the flu in February. My DD was out of school for a week with the flu and missed parents day because of those selfish self centered so called parents. I am tempted to talk to the school about cracking down on parents sending sick kids to school!

I really don't know about tomorrow. Wwyd?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

*swollen
Take her to an actual doctor if you're still concerned. School kids get sick, no need to get angry about it. Most viruses are spread before the carrier even knows they are sick. Also the flu shot won't help stomach viruses and that's what your dd probably had if she was throwing up.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why was the nurse diagnosing her unless it was an NP? Also if it’s pink eye give her the drops she’ll be almost pink eye free 24-48 hrs. You should also teach your daughter basic hand washing and the importance of not touching her face especially her eyes.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:51 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:45 pm

You don't go other places after school, like public parks, malls, restaurants, etc? I do agree with others though. You sound unhinged.
No we don't. We don't go to Parks because my own backyard has a pool, swing set, trampoline and even pet chickens! We don't go to restaurants. Home cooking taste better and is cheaper. We don't go shopping unless if we need something and even then I do that while the kids are in school.
We have all that stuff too, but we still go out and do other things. Variety is really important.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I contracted pink eye taking my kid to an evening open house at a high school. I have no idea where I picked it up. But by the time we left, my eye was red, swollen and very itchy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic