North Carolina police officer fired for following the 'Billy Graham Rule,' lawsuit says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

"Manuel Torres, 51, worked as a deputy for the Lee County Sheriff for five years when his boss asked him to train a female deputy in July 2017. Torres requested a religious accommodation, the suit alleges, saying he “holds the strong and sincere religious belief that the Holy Bible prohibits him, as a married man, from being alone for extended periods with a female who is not his wife.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/no ... d_nn_tw_ma
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Damn.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If his job requires him to train newbies they were right to fire him. It's not reasonable for him to expect the police department and city to pay for someone to chaperone him while he does his job.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

There’s something wrong with that whole idea. Did Billy Graham assume that any women who is alone with any man will be so appealing that the man wouldn’t be able to restrain himself? That men are all sexual predators? Uncontrollable?
Well he’s wrong.
I have never respected or believed Graham( or his son)
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:03 am There’s something wrong with that whole idea. Did Billy Graham assume that any women who is alone with any man will be so appealing that the man wouldn’t be able to restrain himself? That men are all sexual predators? Uncontrollable?
Well he’s wrong.
I think it was more to protect themselves. If they’re not alone with a female then they can’t get falsely accused of something. My husband won’t be alone with female interns because he doesn’t really know them well. He did go to DC with a group of interns(about 8 of them 3 were female) but the other team leader was a woman so she went as well since his company always send both genders when the interns are both.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:03 am There’s something wrong with that whole idea. Did Billy Graham assume that any women who is alone with any man will be so appealing that the man wouldn’t be able to restrain himself? That men are all sexual predators? Uncontrollable?
Well he’s wrong.
The "rule" came out of the Modesto Meeting - a meeting of Graham and several of his evangelical friends.

"One afternoon during the Modesto meetings, I called the team together to discuss the problem. Then I asked them to go to their rooms for an hour and list all the problems they could think of that evangelists and evangelism encountered."

"[2. Sexual Immorality]

The second item on the list was the danger of sexual immorality. We all knew of evangelists who had fallen into immorality while separated from their families by travel. We pledged among ourselves to avoid any situation that would have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion. From that day on, I did not travel, meet or eat alone with a woman other than my wife. We determined that the Apostle Paul’s mandate to the young pastor Timothy would be ours as well: “Flee . . . youthful lusts” (2 Timothy 1:22, KJV)."

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blog ... come-from/
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:17 am
Well he’s wrong.
The "rule" came out of the Modesto Meeting - a meeting of Graham and several of his evangelical friends.

"One afternoon during the Modesto meetings, I called the team together to discuss the problem. Then I asked them to go to their rooms for an hour and list all the problems they could think of that evangelists and evangelism encountered."

"[2. Sexual Immorality]

The second item on the list was the danger of sexual immorality. We all knew of evangelists who had fallen into immorality while separated from their families by travel. We pledged among ourselves to avoid any situation that would have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion. From that day on, I did not travel, meet or eat alone with a woman other than my wife. We determined that the Apostle Paul’s mandate to the young pastor Timothy would be ours as well: “Flee . . . youthful lusts” (2 Timothy 1:22, KJV)."

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blog ... come-from/
Thanks for the information.
Locked Previous topicNext topic