Gillette 'shifting the focus from social issues,' 'toxic masculinity' ads to 'local heroes'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:51 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:04 pm

I really do hope that some day you will figure it out and stop your bullshit. Until then, there's no point in arguing with someone so twisted.
NUTSO, CONSPIRACY believer. I'm so glad she didn't transplant from SoCal to Florida. We have enough of those idiots.
lol. I am "NUTSO", why were you kicked off of CM again?

Why don't you put me on foe della?
Awww, can't handle someone challenging the ridiculous shit you spout.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:45 pm I guess an 8 billion dollar loss is enough for anyone to shut their lecturing pie hole :lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew you didn't have a clue how big business operates, lol.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:04 am
water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:15 pm

ha ha, THEY DO CARE or else they wouldnt change their advertising strategies, are you reading the same article everyone else is?

and presuming that ALL men "need" to be told not to rape women or beat people is very insulting. especially by a soulless corportation who is cashing in on emotional manipulation.

I am just sure the women here would be fine if their women's razor ad told them not to be a false rape accusers or not to be vicious gossipers that drive other young girls to suicide, or not to make their male children ashamed of their gender.
I really do hope that some day you will figure it out and stop your bullshit. Until then, there's no point in arguing with someone so twisted.
What did she say that's twisted exactly? Our razor ads, none of our products as a matter of fact, dictate instructions to us. I've never seen a Tampax or Summer's Eve commercial provide life coaching.
How would that go, lol?

"Hello ladies, use our products so you feel fresh for your man!"
306/232

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:10 pm

What did she say that's twisted exactly? Our razor ads, none of our products as a matter of fact, dictate instructions to us. I've never seen a Tampax or Summer's Eve commercial provide life coaching.
How would that go, lol?

LOL - can you imagine? That's what I'm saying. It's silly to think about, isn't it?

What WW said is that our commercials don't give us instructions on how to conduct ourselves, which is true. I was curious what made her twisted by saying that.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:48 am
water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm

there is nothing to figure out. *some* women have their own "toxicity" and no, they aren't stereotyped and lectured as one monolithic group by advertisers. if they were the advertisers would be branded misogynist and sexist as they should be. instead women only ever see "empowering" "celebrations" of women, girls, and femininity. so much so that some like yourself can't empathize with men, and THEIR LIVED EXPERIENCE.

right now, there is a trend of misandry in media and when men complain they get labeled as "babies".
Men have raped and subdued women for millennia, the false accusations are a fairly new thing (when considering the length of time humans have been around), if this trend continues, however, you will see commercials telling women to behave. -

Right now the trend of women empowerment is in direct response to hundreds of years of widespread misogyny. How many years of widespread misandry have we had? when will people live in the present? the average everyday man for hundreds of years wasnt raping anyone. they would marry, have a family and work. there have always been human atrocities. women are not innocent. elizabeth bathory murdered hundreds of girls to bathe in their blood, mary queen of scots murdered hundreds of protestants, you can't judge everyone today based on the past.

The start of patriarchal religions in the world helped found the current misogyny, but most likely started when we did. oh jeez, blame the bible. the myth of the "equal pagan woman". female physicians could not treat men in ancient egypt, roman women could not vote hold or office in ancient rome, in ancient pagan china women were also subordinate to men. this has more to do with evolution than "patriarichal ie abrahamic" religions. FACT, women are physically weaker than men and had to be preserved to nurse and rear children. in ancient agragrian warfaring society, this would would naturally lead to lower status of women for many cultures. Considering the Christian church started the first century AD (up to the 36th) and women started asking for rights in 1776, there is at least one thousand seven hundred and forty years difference between the two. Fortunately (?) it won't take over a thousand years before women start getting called out on their actions (they already are getting called out and it won't take too much longer before false accusations will be listed as the crime it is, punishable by fines and jail time always), but here's the thing... one of the reasons women aren't being criminally charged and punished by the law as they should is because women already have strikes against them when they are assaulted, they are subject to ridiculous questions and are accountable for every single piece of clothing (you wore a matching black lace panty and bra set under your pants, blouse and cardigan? Well, you were clearly asking for it.) AND the men who commit those crimes don't have a set punishment, which means a man can rape a 14-year old and only have probation for his consequence. - I am not saying all women are false accusers or demanding certain sentences, I am saying no advertisers lecture women on bad behavior that seems to be a phenomenon with some women. women are judged as individuals and men should be too. again, we arent fixated on how disabled people were treated in the past. many disabled children were killed in ancient cultures. we dont presume people today are going to mistreat a person because theyre in a wheelchair.

You won't see anything change on the female's side until the rapist of a six-month old gets the consequence he deserves. - ok? I just read about a female pedophile who abused dozens of babies in the day care she worked at? should we lecture all women and treat them as presumed rapists because some sick evil women are?
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:57 pm
water<wine wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:51 am

NUTSO, CONSPIRACY believer. I'm so glad she didn't transplant from SoCal to Florida. We have enough of those idiots.
lol. I am "NUTSO", why were you kicked off of CM again?

Why don't you put me on foe della?
Awww, can't handle someone challenging the ridiculous shit you spout.
haha, you're the one obessing over where I live, you couldn't even handle me being in the same state as you. so why are you in my posts again? fragile little snowflake. put me on foe if I I trigger you so much.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:10 pm

How would that go, lol?

LOL - can you imagine? That's what I'm saying. It's silly to think about, isn't it?

What WW said is that our commercials don't give us instructions on how to conduct ourselves, which is true. I was curious what made her twisted by saying that.
her example was lame. Men's cologne, and in the past razors used to make the same claims. "your woman will ove your smooth face ". "smell good for your girlfriend"! because strangly in the past men and women wanted to be attractive for their partners so advertisers used this to sell products.

they can't find any actual current examples of advertisements lecturing women on how to be "better women" and pointing out their toxic femininity.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:29 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:48 am
water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm

there is nothing to figure out. *some* women have their own "toxicity" and no, they aren't stereotyped and lectured as one monolithic group by advertisers. if they were the advertisers would be branded misogynist and sexist as they should be. instead women only ever see "empowering" "celebrations" of women, girls, and femininity. so much so that some like yourself can't empathize with men, and THEIR LIVED EXPERIENCE.

right now, there is a trend of misandry in media and when men complain they get labeled as "babies".
Men have raped and subdued women for millennia, the false accusations are a fairly new thing (when considering the length of time humans have been around), if this trend continues, however, you will see commercials telling women to behave. -

Right now the trend of women empowerment is in direct response to hundreds of years of widespread misogyny. How many years of widespread misandry have we had? when will people live in the present? the average everyday man for hundreds of years wasnt raping anyone. they would marry, have a family and work. there have always been human atrocities. women are not innocent. elizabeth bathory murdered hundreds of girls to bathe in their blood, mary queen of scots murdered hundreds of protestants, you can't judge everyone today based on the past.

The start of patriarchal religions in the world helped found the current misogyny, but most likely started when we did. oh jeez, blame the bible. the myth of the "equal pagan woman". female physicians could not treat men in ancient egypt, roman women could not vote hold or office in ancient rome, in ancient pagan china women were also subordinate to men. this has more to do with evolution than "patriarichal ie abrahamic" religions. FACT, women are physically weaker than men and had to be preserved to nurse and rear children. in ancient agragrian warfaring society, this would would naturally lead to lower status of women for many cultures. Considering the Christian church started the first century AD (up to the 36th) and women started asking for rights in 1776, there is at least one thousand seven hundred and forty years difference between the two. Fortunately (?) it won't take over a thousand years before women start getting called out on their actions (they already are getting called out and it won't take too much longer before false accusations will be listed as the crime it is, punishable by fines and jail time always), but here's the thing... one of the reasons women aren't being criminally charged and punished by the law as they should is because women already have strikes against them when they are assaulted, they are subject to ridiculous questions and are accountable for every single piece of clothing (you wore a matching black lace panty and bra set under your pants, blouse and cardigan? Well, you were clearly asking for it.) AND the men who commit those crimes don't have a set punishment, which means a man can rape a 14-year old and only have probation for his consequence. - I am not saying all women are false accusers or demanding certain sentences, I am saying no advertisers lecture women on bad behavior that seems to be a phenomenon with some women. women are judged as individuals and men should be too. again, we arent fixated on how disabled people were treated in the past. many disabled children were killed in ancient cultures. we dont presume people today are going to mistreat a person because theyre in a wheelchair.

You won't see anything change on the female's side until the rapist of a six-month old gets the consequence he deserves. - ok? I just read about a female pedophile who abused dozens of babies in the day care she worked at? should we lecture all women and treat them as presumed rapists because some sick evil women are?
Reread the first paragraph. I plainly said that men have raped and subdued women for millennia, as in plural of millennium, as in thousands of years.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Advertising since forever has been focusing on telling women how they should behave. An ad campaign telling men how they should behave is controversial? Spare me.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan. And never ever ever let him forget he's my man.

LOL
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic