I was sexually assaulted in public

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm curious if he has some kind of mental disorder.... You should have called the police and reported it. You still should actually. If he's doing it to you, when there, imagine what he may to do someone else when they are alone...

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:02 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:11 pm
Conweis wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:03 pm

It was in response to this comment:
Lena never misses a chance to bring up her Japanese ancestry but apparently it's racist for anyone else to use that terminology to describe someone.

It was a humorous story I posted on DRIH years ago. It was one of my SO's favorite memories to tell people.
That’s not what I asked. What does this have to do with you bringing up Asians whenever you get a chance and call other people racist when they do it?

It kinda confirms what the poster is saying as she didn’t ask for your SO’s favorite story.
The comment said that about me, not about the OP. I am biracial, Japanese heritage is a part of my life, so sometimes it comes up when I am posting on here. I don't bring it up when it is not relevant and I do not post about it constantly. For example, if someone asks what our kids ate for lunch today, when sharing what my kids ate it may contain Japanese food.
I do not find racism in everything. If race is already included in a post, I might talk about race. In this case, I never used the word "racist" , I simply asked why his race was relevant to the story, as race isn't a very good way to describe someone since members of the same race will look drastically different, so it seemed odd to solely mention race.
I understand what you mean. I think it’s our own prejudices showing sometimes, even when we like to think we aren’t prejudice. I know I do it sometimes without thinking, and it’s something, I admit, I need to work on. For all the talk about not seeing color, we sure do mention it a bunch when it isn’t relevant.
Locked Previous topicNext topic