Obamas placed an offer on 'mega-expensive' estate in Martha's Vineyard: report

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good for them. I would love to have a vacation home like that. As it is we would love to get a lake home but we're waiting for the prices to drop a little bit. I'm sure the girls will love visiting there.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Every president goes back home when he's finished. Not Obama. He's still playing politics and now is going to own his second home in the DC area. I guess Chicago isn't good enough.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’ve never been. But I remember from watching “Wings” that it was a top notch location for vacation homes.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:21 pm
Smarties wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:18 pm I won't begrudge anyone who wants to enjoy their wealth, whether that's Trump or Obama. I expect them to do the same. If Obama gets his house, I hope they love it.
Yep
And Martha’s Vineyard is beautiful.
I’m happy for them!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:18 pm I won't begrudge anyone who wants to enjoy their wealth, whether that's Trump or Obama. I expect them to do the same. If Obama gets his house, I hope they love it.
But Obama begrudge's everyone else their wealth. He demanded we "spread it around" remember? Now he owns 2 mansions. He's just like the rest of them. Bernie doesn't want you to be wealthy. But he can be. AOC doesn't want you fly in airplanes, while she's flying all over the country in a private jet. They are so hypocritical it's laughable.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Yes- Wings!( I love that show)
We drove through that area on a trip around New England . I love that part of the USA
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:09 am I’ve never been. But I remember from watching “Wings” that it was a top notch location for vacation homes.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:21 pm
Yep
And Martha’s Vineyard is beautiful.
I’m happy for them!
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

morgan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:21 am
But Obama begrudge's everyone else their wealth. He demanded we "spread it around" remember? Now he owns 2 mansions. He's just like the rest of them. Bernie doesn't want you to be wealthy. But he can be. AOC doesn't want you fly in airplanes, while she's flying all over the country in a private jet. They are so hypocritical it's laughable.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/keithflame ... gends/amp/
How about these ^^^
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah, there's nothing new under the sun with that. This whole post is about how Obama did or did not donate such and such money and Trump did or did not donate such and such money, as if that makes a difference towards whether they are justified in having expensive homes or other expensive things.

They are justified in having expensive homes and expensive things because its their money and they should be able to spend it how they want to without judgment from everyone else. Or from each other. Both of them.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:30 am
How about these ^^^
What point are you trying to make with a 2016 article about Athletes?
KAG
Mean Girl
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:30 am
How about these ^^^
Have any of them say that the rich shouldn’t keep their money? Because Bernie has and Obama use to talk about the rich too. I guess it’s okay for them and Hollywood to be rich but it’s bad for anyone else?
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s do as a say not as a do. I think it’s funny that Bernie was questioned on why he didn’t pay more taxes like the tax plan he wanted for millionaires and billionaires he said he paid what he was suppose to. 🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic