Trump’s tariff will cost USA households

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/20/busi ... index.html
Economists say that Trump’s Tariffs will cost our households $1000 a year in extra costs added to things we all buy.
( that and the potential recession are worrisome)
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

People will have to start thinking about what they buy and where it is coming from. I am not thinking this is a bad thing.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It is a bad thing because in this day and age, no country can be self sufficient. You need trade to encourage a healthy economy and a satisfied population. The average American household can’t afford to buy purely American products. It will mean a serious increase in expenses and sacrificing certain goods that aren’t produced in America because of the cost, the inversion needed or the climate.
Not to mention that adding expenses means people will be saving less, therefore probably requiring more social programs, especially as retirement approaches. People will cut unnecessary expenses, like travel and buying other luxury items like cars, further damaging those industries, who in turn will have to employ less.
So it IS a very bad thing. Especially when he’s simultaneously diminishing the workforce willing to receive the low salaries required to keep prices competitive.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 pm People will have to start thinking about what they buy and where it is coming from. I am not thinking this is a bad thing.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We won't need to be self sufficient but things from other countries should cost more not less than American made. I never said we shouldn't trade.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 pm It is a bad thing because in this day and age, no country can be self sufficient. You need trade to encourage a healthy economy and a satisfied population. The average American household can’t afford to buy purely American products. It will mean a serious increase in expenses and sacrificing certain goods that aren’t produced in America because of the cost, the inversion needed or the climate.
Not to mention that adding expenses means people will be saving less, therefore probably requiring more social programs, especially as retirement approaches. People will cut unnecessary expenses, like travel and buying other luxury items like cars, further damaging those industries, who in turn will have to employ less.
So it IS a very bad thing. Especially when he’s simultaneously diminishing the workforce willing to receive the low salaries required to keep prices competitive.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 pm People will have to start thinking about what they buy and where it is coming from. I am not thinking this is a bad thing.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But when you’re talking about countries where it costs less to make those products, it’s obvious they’ll cost less than American products. In order to compete with that, America would have to lower salaries. Because, as I said, Trump is also entering a war with those individuals that are willing to receive those low salaries. When American workers are willing to work for the same salaries workers in China, India or Vietnam do, then it’s possible to compete in terms of prices. But is that really a good thing?
And ultimately, if America will be rising the prices for those goods, people will simply buy them elsewhere. You get your new iPad or laptop in Mexico or Canada, where tariffs don’t inflate the price.

So paying more or earning less or both, how is that good for American economy? Because in any non-essential product, if the price skyrockets, chances are most people will just do without, or buy those abroad, not start buying American at double the cost.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:44 pm We won't need to be self sufficient but things from other countries should cost more not less than American made. I never said we shouldn't trade.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 pm It is a bad thing because in this day and age, no country can be self sufficient. You need trade to encourage a healthy economy and a satisfied population. The average American household can’t afford to buy purely American products. It will mean a serious increase in expenses and sacrificing certain goods that aren’t produced in America because of the cost, the inversion needed or the climate.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it needs some tweaking but I am not totally opposed that manufacturing of many products needs to be brought back to the US and not over seas. I would personally be okay paying more for goods from over seas. Not thousands of dollars of course but more instead of less than American made.

I know it is not perfect but it isn't completely a horrific plan either.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 pm But when you’re talking about countries where it costs less to make those products, it’s obvious they’ll cost less than American products. In order to compete with that, America would have to lower salaries. Because, as I said, Trump is also entering a war with those individuals that are willing to receive those low salaries. When American workers are willing to work for the same salaries workers in China, India or Vietnam do, then it’s possible to compete in terms of prices. But is that really a good thing?
And ultimately, if America will be rising the prices for those goods, people will simply buy them elsewhere. You get your new iPad or laptop in Mexico or Canada, where tariffs don’t inflate the price.
So paying more or earning less or both, how is that good for American economy? Because in any non-essential product, if the price skyrockets, chances are most people will just do without, not start buying American at double the cost.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:44 pm We won't need to be self sufficient but things from other countries should cost more not less than American made. I never said we shouldn't trade.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The way he’s doing, it is completely horrific. He’s not doing things with a well thought plan meant to benefit the American worker or the American consumer. He’s just bullying to screw up others, not working to find an actual solution that will benefit anyone.
Because, as I said, when the product you bought before for $4.99 suddenly costs $15.99 because now it’s made in the U.S, chances are the majority of people will not buy it anymore, or go buy it elsewhere is possible. This won’t encourage economic growth or more local production, it’ll simply either make the American consumer spend more or buy less.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:58 pm I think it needs some tweaking but I am not totally opposed that manufacturing of many products needs to be brought back to the US and not over seas. I would personally be okay paying more for goods from over seas. Not thousands of dollars of course but more instead of less than American made.

I know it is not perfect but it isn't completely a horrific plan either.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 pm But when you’re talking about countries where it costs less to make those products, it’s obvious they’ll cost less than American products. In order to compete with that, America would have to lower salaries. Because, as I said, Trump is also entering a war with those individuals that are willing to receive those low salaries. When American workers are willing to work for the same salaries workers in China, India or Vietnam do, then it’s possible to compete in terms of prices. But is that really a good thing?
So paying more or earning less or both, how is that good for American economy? Because in any non-essential product, if the price skyrockets, chances are most people will just do without, not start buying American at double the cost.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I have always done that!
But it was because I’m a thrifty person.
I would not do it because of Trump’s Tariffs!
That’s just one more of his mistakes. He’s so unqualified, uninformed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic