Trump live just called birthright citizenship "frankly ridiculous".

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Trump says he is seriously looking at ending birthright citizenship
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... 2UlRom-Tvo
KAG
Mean Girl
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, he’s such a wise man, studied in the constitution and let’s not forget as he told us he is “the chosen one”.

I mean “frankly ridiculous”. Genius. Why hadn’t anyone else thought of that all these decades? I guess we had to wait for the chosen one to solve all of our problems!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He can seriously look at it all he wants. All the staring in the world (because let’s be real, he’s not bringing reasoned legal analysis to the table) won’t change the 14th Amendment.

SCOTUS would have to rule on it, but he can’t end it by executive order as he proposed before.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fine. Just shows what a moron he is. Because then he wold have to grant citizenship by ancestry, which means that anyone anyone that can prove he has American ancestry can become a citizen. My boys could become citizens now! And their children and grandchildren too, even without putting a foot in America.
I guess that’s better because...?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sad he would want to erase our History like that...
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He is just such an asshole. Totally ignorant about the Constitution and our laws and bold two-faced liar about everything.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:33 pm He is just such an asshole. Totally ignorant about the Constitution and our laws and bold two-faced liar about everything.
Yep
😕
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm of the opinion that babies born in America to parents who are in America illegally should not be granted citizenship.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Luckily, your opinion doesn’t change the Constitution.
Either you grant nationality by both or by ancestry. Since America doesn’t grant citizenship by ancestry, it has to be by birth.
Unless you’re willing to grant citizenship to all the kids born abroad that can show that their parents or grandparents are/were American.

Would you be happier if kids like mine were granted citizenship even though they were born outside the U.S?
morgan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:28 pm I'm of the opinion that babies born in America to parents who are in America illegally should not be granted citizenship.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Were you in Mexico illegally when you birthed your kids?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:07 pm Luckily, your opinion doesn’t change the Constitution.
Either you grant nationality by both or by ancestry. Since America doesn’t grant citizenship by ancestry, it has to be by birth.
Unless you’re willing to grant citizenship to all the kids born abroad that can show that their parents or grandparents are/were American.

Would you be happier if kids like mine were granted citizenship even though they were born outside the U.S?
morgan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:28 pm I'm of the opinion that babies born in America to parents who are in America illegally should not be granted citizenship.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic