*Topic Locked* Jewish-Americans unhappy with Trump’s message

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m a Conservative Jew and I’m not defending him. In fact, I find quite insulting that he thinks he has a right to judge MY loyalty to MY people when he’s not even one of us.
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 pm
water<wine wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:44 pm WOW, for real??

you mean to tell me Jewish Democrats dont like what he said but Jewish republicans agreed with him? wow. thats like shocking that their views would be consistent with their party. more great info from CNN, thanks for sharing!

"The Republican Jewish Coalition defended Trump's statement on Tuesday, tweeting, "President Trump is right, it shows a great deal of disloyalty to oneself to defend a party that protects/emboldens people that hate you for your religion."
Check Twitter - plenty of conservative Jewish figures aren’t defending him.

But how shocking that the sycophantic Republican Party will defend him no matter what! Even when they have to embarrassingly pivot from claiming he meant they were being disloyal to “themselves” yesterday to claiming they taking him “seriously not literally” today. It’s so pathetic it’s laughable.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:52 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:39 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Trump voters being told they either condone or are willing to tolerate racism doesn’t have thousands of years of anti-Semitic history that calling Jews “disloyal” does.
I have seen more than just comments or condoning racist. I have seen outright accusations of being racist. And there is plenty of history with racism as well.
The accusation is that if someone is voting for Trump, they either condone/agree with his bigoted statements, or they don’t agree with them but are willing to tolerate them.

There’s plenty of history with people who are accused of being racist or of tolerating racism having the sorts of things the Jewish people have endured because of anti-Semitic ideas of them being “disloyal”? Like what sorts of things?
That’s not what I said. I said there was plenty of history with people being called racist. Don’t put words in my mouth.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Trump voters being told they either condone or are willing to tolerate racism doesn’t have thousands of years of anti-Semitic history that calling Jews “disloyal” does.
I have seen more than just comments or condoning racist. I have seen outright accusations of being racist. And there is plenty of history with racism as well.
they're constantly adding to their made up definition of racism. Now it requires THOUSANDS of years of use before its racist.
Everything is racist now days. It seems to be a tool for the left to throw at people whenever they want to accuse someone of something. The hilarious part is when some of the left end up in that same spot because racism has been so built up as everything being racist and it doesn’t matter if you are left or right if you are white you will be told you are racist at some point.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:16 pm

The accusation is that if someone is voting for Trump, they either condone/agree with his bigoted statements, or they don’t agree with them but are willing to tolerate them.

There’s plenty of history with people who are accused of being racist or of tolerating racism having the sorts of things the Jewish people have endured because of anti-Semitic ideas of them being “disloyal”? Like what sorts of things?
That’s not what I said. I said there was plenty of history with people being called racist. Don’t put words in my mouth.
Of course there’s a history of people being called racist. People being called racist simply has none of the same horrifying historical consequences that anti-Semitic ideas like Jewish people being “disloyal” do, which makes comparing them like comparing apples and oranges.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:23 pm

Of course there’s a history of people being called racist. People being called racist simply has none of the same horrifying historical consequences that anti-Semitic ideas like Jewish people being “disloyal” do, which makes comparing them like comparing apples and oranges.
Though I wouldn’t say it’s a form of racism to accuse someone of being racist even though whites are generally accused of racism and some people even think if you aren’t white you can’t be racist, there is still much hostility towards people accused of racism. It has become a weapon. Everything is racist. People are attacked over wearing a MAGA hat because they are seen as being racist. It may not be an exact comparison. ( for one is a form of racism while what I brought up isn’t necessarily racism) But in my opinion what Trump said about Jews being disloyal for not voting Republican is as bad as Dems accusing people who vote for Trump as being racist and white supremacist. That’s all I’m going to say on the subject. I know you can’t stand when someone has a different opinion than yours but that is my opinion. You have yours. I have mine.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

At this point if you still support Trump you are 100% racist . Sorry, not sorry
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm At this point if you still support Trump you are 100% racist . Sorry, not sorry
That’s ok. That’s your opinion. And this is what I’m talking about as being just as bad as Trumps comment because it’s generalizing groups of people. That’s the comparison I was making.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:34 pm
AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm At this point if you still support Trump you are 100% racist . Sorry, not sorry
That’s ok. That’s your opinion. And this is what I’m talking about as being just as bad as Trumps comment because it’s generalizing groups of people. That’s the comparison I was making.
It's the truth. Deal with it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or at the very least, you think it’s tolerable and unimportant when compared to other things.

Yeah, for me the position of a leader regarding Israel is an important factor, but certainly doesn’t justify looking the other way when I see this man spreading discord, hostility and violence in America. And that certainly doesn’t make me “disloyal” to my people, because my people have suffered violence and hatred and it’s not something my religion encourages for others. I can be loyal to my people, proud of my faith, and defend our country and I don’t have to do it at the expense of other innocent people who are paying the price for this man’s need to incite division and discord to conquer and get power.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:30 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:23 pm

Though I wouldn’t say it’s a form of racism to accuse someone of being racist even though whites are generally accused of racism and some people even think if you aren’t white you can’t be racist, there is still much hostility towards people accused of racism. It has become a weapon. Everything is racist. People are attacked over wearing a MAGA hat because they are seen as being racist. It may not be an exact comparison. ( for one is a form of racism while what I brought up isn’t necessarily racism) But in my opinion what Trump said about Jews being disloyal for not voting Republican is as bad as Dems accusing people who vote for Trump as being racist and white supremacist. That’s all I’m going to say on the subject. I know you can’t stand when someone has a different opinion than yours but that is my opinion. You have yours. I have mine.
So much hostility that a man who has openly behaved in bigoted ways over and over is literally the President of the United States?

“Hostility” isn’t comparable to anti-Semitism. You have your opinion, but the Jewish hate-crime death toll last year alone (let alone throughout history) would act to back that up.
Locked Previous topicNext topic