I’m tired of my house being an embarrassment

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don’t want to spend my entire life cleaning, but I can’t see any other way to keep up on it. I work all day Andy will clean up all evening. My kids help, but there’s still so much cleaning and laundry that seems to pile up, if I skip just one day. This is no life
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Who is making the mess if you are at work all day? Crack down on your kids. Any messes they contribute to, they need to pick up. If they are over 8, they can help out with laundry. You should not be the only one doing housework.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:10 pm Who is making the mess if you are at work all day? Crack down on your kids. Any messes they contribute to, they need to pick up. If they are over 8, they can help out with laundry. You should not be the only one doing housework.
It’s never clean, messes from dinner, dishes, unfolded laundry in the living room. The dining room table is a catch all, so there’s tons of stuff piled up. Nothing ever gets done and then there’s just more to do. I have them clean, but nothing is ever done completely
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:10 pm Who is making the mess if you are at work all day? Crack down on your kids. Any messes they contribute to, they need to pick up. If they are over 8, they can help out with laundry. You should not be the only one doing housework.
It’s never clean, messes from dinner, dishes, unfolded laundry in the living room. The dining room table is a catch all, so there’s tons of stuff piled up. Nothing ever gets done and then there’s just more to do. I have them clean, but nothing is ever done completely
So crack down on them. No more putting anything on the table. If they use a dish, they need to clean it as soon as they are done. If you made dinner, they can do the dinner dishes. They can fold their own laundry. Hold them responsible and have consequences.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Downsize and get rid of some stuff? Kondo the shit out of that place? Put 'cleanup baskets' in the main living area for each of the kids to take to their rooms to put away? Have a hanging basket for the kid's papers and mail to help organize things on the fly? Do you have room in your laundry area to put a small folding table for folding laundry? Or a rolling wardrobe hanger to hang shirts, dresses? An adjustable shower rod would work too.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

How many kids do you have? And what are their (approximate) ages?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know what you are saying. Especially in the kitchen, if I take just one day off of touching a dirty dish, the kitchen looks like a war zone. And then it's a huge effort to get it back to normal. And whenever I get a room back to all nice and clean and organized I tell myself "this time I'm going to keep it this way". Nope. Never works. I don't know what it is but it just never works.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:22 pm How many kids do you have? And what are their (approximate) ages?
2 kids 10 and 13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:23 pm I know what you are saying. Especially in the kitchen, if I take just one day off of touching a dirty dish, the kitchen looks like a war zone. And then it's a huge effort to get it back to normal. And whenever I get a room back to all nice and clean and organized I tell myself "this time I'm going to keep it this way". Nope. Never works. I don't know what it is but it just never works.
100% this. And if I get one room clean it’s because I neglected the rest and it never ending
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:23 pm I know what you are saying. Especially in the kitchen, if I take just one day off of touching a dirty dish, the kitchen looks like a war zone. And then it's a huge effort to get it back to normal. And whenever I get a room back to all nice and clean and organized I tell myself "this time I'm going to keep it this way". Nope. Never works. I don't know what it is but it just never works.
Same. It doesnt help that my husband is a mini hoarder.
Locked Previous topicNext topic