Precocious Puberty

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 7 year old will be beginning 2nd grade and has early signs of puberty. She has breast buds and hair under her arms. She is blonde with blue eyes so the hair is not so noticeable but the breast buds are.

I took her to the doctor. She is in the 80th percentile for height and 70th percentile for weight. Her bone X-ray age is 8 yrs 8 mos. She will see an endocrinologist but not until December.

I have always used organic food because of the hormones used in foods. I was 15 when I got my period and did not expect this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make her breast buds less noticeable? I can see her being teased especially if some of the more unpleasant boys in her class notice.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Get her a sports bra. When DD was getting buds sports bras seem to be the only thing that hid them. I bought hers at Justice.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Undershirts of a thicker cotton knit will make her shape less noticeable. They give girls some coverage under light-weight tops and dresses and keep them warmer in the winter. I always got them in different colors with a tank type of strap, so they were fun compliments to their outfits.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Basic sport bras like this would help minimize the appearance without being too constricting.

Or if she really doesn't like the band around her chest just some basic camisoles like this would do the same thing.

Either one adds another layer of clothing to her breasts to help minimize the appearance of the buds.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

sports bras, tank tops under a t shirt, the good news is once she sees the endocrinologist it should be easily treatable.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I mean, aren’t the answers to this question pretty self explanatory?
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Isnt that one of the main points of bras? What's the problem here.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:33 pm sports bras, tank tops under a t shirt, the good news is once she sees the endocrinologist it should be easily treatable.
That’s good to hear. I am so nervous about this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:38 pm Isnt that one of the main points of bras? What's the problem here.
Do 7 year olds wear bras? I was hoping to avoid bras because of her age. Thick undershirts sound good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic