I know it is none of my business. But I don't understand

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Did you put them on your Insurance?
It’s necessary.
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:26 pm I drove for the first time when I was 12. I think my daughter might have been about that age the first time she tried to drive, but that was out in the middle of nowhere. I grew up on the farm, so I really dont see the issue. All of the kids I grew up with were driving way before it was time. Around here, it is common to see underage driving. I think there might have been a time or two my daughter's friends drove themselves over to the house. I was more concerned about whether or not they had permission to drive, than I was the legalities.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 pm Did you put them on your Insurance?
It’s necessary.
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:26 pm I drove for the first time when I was 12. I think my daughter might have been about that age the first time she tried to drive, but that was out in the middle of nowhere. I grew up on the farm, so I really dont see the issue. All of the kids I grew up with were driving way before it was time. Around here, it is common to see underage driving. I think there might have been a time or two my daughter's friends drove themselves over to the house. I was more concerned about whether or not they had permission to drive, than I was the legalities.
Yep. She is.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Are you sure their parents know they have other people in the car? Most parents don't know what is going on once that kid pulls out of the driveway.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

You crack me up, famousglm714! I'll bet you've got a lot of great stories to tell of your teen years!
famousglm714 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm We did it but no one ever knew. I wouldn’t drive without a license now.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm You crack me up, famousglm714! I'll bet you've got a lot of great stories to tell of your teen years!
famousglm714 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm We did it but no one ever knew. I wouldn’t drive without a license now.
Lmao, we were so bad but everyone (including our parents) thought we were pretty good. The night I was thinking about when I answered this post was the time 3 of us (unlicensed but knew how to drive) went driving through Detroit, got on the freeway and almost accidentally went to Canada. It’s kind of easy to end up in line for the tunnel, lol. One of the people with me actually did it on accident after they got their license, lol. We never got caught. Such assholes. 😂
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I get the feeling that you were a good girl but that like me, you knew how to have a heck of a lot of fun! I love this "almost went to Canada" story! Sounds just like something I might have done!!! :lol: 8-)
famousglm714 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:15 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm You crack me up, famousglm714! I'll bet you've got a lot of great stories to tell of your teen years!
Lmao, we were so bad but everyone (including our parents) thought we were pretty good. The night I was thinking about when I answered this post was the time 3 of us (unlicensed but knew how to drive) went driving through Detroit, got on the freeway and almost accidentally went to Canada. It’s kind of easy to end up in line for the tunnel, lol. One of the people with me actually did it on accident after they got their license, lol. We never got caught. Such assholes. 😂
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I grew up rural and like the others, we drove young and without licenses. How else would transport farm equipment between properties and then get to underage booze fests? Lol.

But my children will follow the law and have a near autonomous drive vehicle, lol. The crazy with my generation, my children will be safe & sheltered.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 pm I grew up rural and like the others, we drove young and without licenses. How else would transport farm equipment between properties and then get to underage booze fests? Lol.

But my children will follow the law and have a near autonomous drive vehicle, lol. The crazy with my generation, my children will be safe & sheltered.
This isn’t a rural area. If it were it might not be such a big deal.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was driving even earlier than most on here but on my grandparents property. I got my license at 16 and there is no way I allowed my kids to drive without a permit. That's crazy, dangerous and an accident waiting to happen. I would have called the cops and reported the child also
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:28 pm I know a ton of people in my area who let their kids drive without a license, with a permit only, or allow them to drive multiple friends around even though it is against the law. My dd had some friends come over the other day. The one that drove over is 15 and has a permit only. She drove across town with four other girls over to my house. None of the girls had a license. I know of several people who allow this.

It just baffles me. My dd will have her license soon. If I find out she isn't following the rules, that license will be mine.
Curious what state you're in. I was shocked when DS told me a couple of years ago that one of the kids on his soccer team was driving himself to practices and only had a permit. Can't believe parents would take that chance and allow their kid to do that. Especially in the area where I live. There are basically NO non-busy roads.
Locked Previous topicNext topic